radiofrequency induces IGF-1 in dermal papilla cells.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
friends squeegee and others take a look , it seems like radioffrequency energy induces IGF-1 in dermal papilla cells.

i wonder if we could create a radio frequency device with a simple circuit. then leave it on galea. maybe help get cured?

here is the study.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0028474 <---

role of igf-1. it seems finasteride upregulates it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12894070 <== In a small uncontrolled study of 9 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia, an increased expression of IGF-1 messenger RNA levels in the DP was associated with patient response to finasteride.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Fuk the study, I'm only interested in the gif on the right.

+1 I would rather have kate uptons boobs on my head than radio waves

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kate Upton is overrated. And I'm being generous when I say that.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Kate Upton is overrated. And I'm being generous when I say that.

haters gonna hate!

Dianna Dahlgreen?

[video=youtube;dFJrYCcbBqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJrYCcbBqw[/video]

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
She is nice squeegee but not in kates class, I am a 100% boob man, Don't get me wrong I wouldn't turn her away but if I had to choose its a no brainer

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
haters gonna hate!

Dianna Dahlgreen?

Dude just for saying that you are out of the study :)

Seriously? You guys put Kate Upton, of all the women in the world, as your top pick? Her attitude is gutter trash. Attraction goes beyond looks for me. Yes, shes physically attractive (no denying) but she's not top shelf.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously? You guys put Kate Upton, of all the women in the world, as your top pick? Her attitude is gutter trash. Attraction goes beyond looks for me. Yes, shes physically attractive (no denying) but she's not top shelf.

Yes attitude Is a turn off but the rest is top shelf,myself I pefer a young Christina Hendricks, or Elisha Cuthbert or Katherine heigl, definitely Sophia vergara

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
...OK so back to the study, because it's very interesting.

Exposure to 10 W/kg RF radiation 1 h per day for 7 days significantly enhanced hair shaft elongation in ex vivo hair organ cultures.

Note that this wasn't a human trial.

Additionally, this research wasn't using dermal papilla cells taken from men with androgenic alopecia, but rather on healthy, functioning hair follicles. And what this shows is that the RF treatment will make hair grow faster ex vivo​.

The next step would be to take a skin sample from subjects with androgenic alopecia to see if RF treatment can reactivate dormant follicles.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
A long way away before anything viable comes from this if at all. LLLT in the meanwhile is available.