Quitting Propecia for good... few questions...

SheddingVic

Reaction score
This is my second and last time back on finasteride (1mg), and the low libido has come back. Forget this, I'm sticking with minoxidil and nizoral 2%!! And yes, I do understand it may lose effectiveness after 2 years, and it only stimulates growth not upkeep, but I don't care!!! If you're experiencing BAD side-effects, why risk your overall health for a few strands of hair??????

My question is, is there anything aside from dutasteride and finasteride that I can try?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SheddingVic said:
This is my second and last time back on finasteride (1mg), and the low libido has come back. Forget this, I'm sticking with minoxidil and nizoral 2%!! And yes, I do understand it may lose effectiveness after 2 years, and it only stimulates growth not upkeep, but I don't care!!! If you're experiencing BAD side-effects, why risk your overall health for a few strands of hair??????

My question is, is there anything aside from dutasteride and finasteride that I can try?

Have you tried lowering your finasteride dosage to .5mg or even .2mg? It's been proven to be almost as effective as 1mg daily. And I can say, it helped lower the sexual side effects for me..... DRAMATICALLY.

SheddingVic

Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
SheddingVic said:

Have you tried lowering your finasteride dosage to .5mg or even .2mg? It's been proven to be almost as effective as 1mg daily. And I can say, it helped lower the sexual side effects for me..... DRAMATICALLY.

Check PM

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SheddingVic said:
joseph49853 said:
SheddingVic said:

Check PM

PM sent. And don't give up the ship just yet. :)

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride doesn't lose its effectiveness after 2 years.

SheddingVic

Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
SheddingVic said:
joseph49853 said:
SheddingVic said:

Check PM

PM sent. And don't give up the ship just yet. :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to cut the dosage down to 0.25mg/day and that should bring everything back to normal. I'm seeing a very very hot girl... who literally attacks the c***... and I need my bad-boy back to his old self.

RSG

Reaction score
Yeh dude try cutting it donw...i had sides with 1mg...cut it down to .5mg and sides went away.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
If you cut it down to .5 a day, do you have to cut the pills and take it every day, or can you just take 1mg every other day?

SheddingVic

Reaction score
Fat-Elvis said:
If you cut it down to .5 a day, do you have to cut the pills and take it every day, or can you just take 1mg every other day?

Forget finasteride, sides came back even while taking .25/day

they are fading away now that i've stopped consumption