Questions for Minoxidil Users

SE-freak

Reaction score
Radio said:
Is it a liquid that dries in 10-15 minutes or is it a liquid that absorbs in 10-15 minutes ?

In that sense, PPG would be the restraining factor regarding absorption. Do you think that it would be the vehicle of choice if it would not absorb for 3 hours? Shelf life is nothing compaired to increased efficacy.

This of course is not an argument. It just sounds weird.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Radio said:
but that the natural balding associated with male pattern baldness will, on average after around 2 years, start to negate any gains made with minoxidil.

That was my initial point. That 2 years damage due to natural balding for you could be 8 or 10 years for me.

Anyway, I tend to consider minoxidil as the most natural of wigs. It has nothing to do with balding itself.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
>> but that the natural balding associated with male pattern baldness will, on average after around 2 years, start to negate any gains made with minoxidil.

That was my initial point. That 2 years damage due to natural balding for you could be 8 or 10 years for me.

on average

Trial data tends not to dwell on individual cases and averages out the results of all participants. On average, the gains made on minoxidil (used without other hair loss treatments) tend to regress after 2 years or so.

This is, as we know, not minoxidil losing it efficacy, but more likely the male pattern baldness process 'outrunning' minoxidils effect.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
In that sense, PPG would be the restraining factor regarding absorption. Do you think that it would be the vehicle of choice if it would not absorb for 3 hours? Shelf life is nothing compaired to increased efficacy.

I would think shelf life and therefore profit through ease of distribution would be a major consideration, especially so if both formulas (high and low PPG) gave similar results.

There is also the idea that the initial trials were done with formulas that were considered best with the information available at the time, it may have been shown later that a lower PPG, higher alcohol content or other factors were beneficial but it simply would not be profitable to re-run multi million dollar trails.

All hypothetical, but hopefully my point is made.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, since I started the post, I can't afford 3 Month Rogaine X-Strength because of funds from college and all so I got store-brand minoxidil for three months for a good price. I know it may not be the best, I don't get any white stuff from it. It itches though, I do use Nizoral %1 also.

I don't think I'm getting the horseshoe pattern, I think I'm just having diffuse thinking all over. I'm still a Norwood 3 with thinning. I took a look at the scalp, I'm just thinning in areas honestly. I'm going to keep it with and get some Finasteride (I saw you can get it from this website) when I have the money.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Diffuse thinking is a major benefit while in college. Helps keeping an open mind. :)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
DaSand said:
Well, since I started the post, I can't afford 3 Month Rogaine X-Strength because of funds from college and all so I got store-brand minoxidil for three months for a good price. . . ..

Believe us - that's just as good as rogaine. Minoxidil is minoxidil is minoxidil (vehicles and absorbtion rates not withstanding - but as you can see, that's an entirely different subject :)

Good luck. (are you psychologically prepared for a possible shed?)

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
Diffuse thinking is a major benefit while in college. Helps keeping an open mind. :)

I didn't realize I said thinking instead of thinning until you showed me it :lol:

Well, if I shed, I will deal with it. I may look older, but I think I'm doing something about my baldness finally!