Questions About Using Minoxidil Foam

David1980

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I started using minoxidil last week and there are a few things I'm not sure of. If anyone could let me know the answers to my questions below, that would be helpful, thanks! Note, I am using Kirkland foam.

1) It says on the Kirkland can, to store the foam between 20C and 25C. This temperature range seems to be very specific. Should I be making an effort to ensure it is stored between those temperatures? It would be difficult to keep it in that temperature range while I'm away at work and the heating at home is off, as it's very cold here in the UK at the moment.

2) I know the foam takes at least half an hour to dry, but I'm wondering do I need to be careful not to get my hair wet even after it's dried? For example, if I were to get caught out in the rain a few hours after application.

3) The instructions say to apply the foam to clean hair. Does this mean I need to wash my hair every day? I used to wash my hair every 3 days, but since I seen that the foam needs to be applied to clean hair, I've been washing my hair every day during my shower. Do I really need to be washing my hair every day, or does clean hair just refer to when it gets greasy?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I started using minoxidil last week and there are a few things I'm not sure of. If anyone could let me know the answers to my questions below, that would be helpful, thanks! Note, I am using Kirkland foam.

1) It says on the Kirkland can, to store the foam between 20C and 25C. This temperature range seems to be very specific. Should I be making an effort to ensure it is stored between those temperatures? It would be difficult to keep it in that temperature range while I'm away at work and the heating at home is off, as it's very cold here in the UK at the moment.
The drug won't lose efficacy but if cold it will be stiffer and harder to apply. If too hot, instead, it will melt in your hands before you can even apply it.
2) I know the foam takes at least half an hour to dry, but I'm wondering do I need to be careful not to get my hair wet even after it's dried? For example, if I were to get caught out in the rain a few hours after application.

Don't wet your scalp for 3-4 hours after minoxidil.
3) The instructions say to apply the foam to clean hair. Does this mean I need to wash my hair every day? I used to wash my hair every 3 days, but since I seen that the foam needs to be applied to clean hair, I've been washing my hair every day during my shower. Do I really need to be washing my hair every day, or does clean hair just refer to when it gets greasy?
It is not hair that needs to be cleaned. It is the scalp. I wash my hair every day and I think three days is a bit too infrequent if you don't have long hair.