QUESTIONS About FUE, will it leave big holes in the back?

leandro

Reaction score
QUESTIONS About FUE, will it leave big holes in the back of the head after trans plant??

CCS

Reaction score
no. just dot scars, maybe 1 mm across. if you scar well, and your Doctor gives you good directions and topicals, the scars might not be noticeable with a shaved head. I would think there would be a lot less trauma post op. but I prefer my fine line. Dr keene is one of only a few docs who can do a fine line on most patients.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
not the only one

collegechemistrystudent said:
no. just dot scars, maybe 1 mm across. if you scar well, and your Doctor gives you good directions and topicals, the scars might not be noticeable with a shaved head. I would think there would be a lot less trauma post op. but I prefer my fine line. Dr keene is one of only a few docs who can do a fine line on most patients.

I got news for you, there is about a dozen docs off then top of my head that can produce a fine strip scar, it's called trico-closure. Armani, H and W, Feller, COle, ********, Ron Shapiro, Rahal, Bernstein, Epstein, Bouman, Charles just to name a few. I have seen their results in person. All roads dont lead to one Doctor when you do your research.
Also, personal healing characteristics are the single most important aspect to consider. We all heal differently.
Just my 2 pennies.

CCS

Reaction score
That is good to know. Do all bosley doctors do tri-closure? I'm just wondering why my first and smallest procedure had such a big scar. I did not exercise afterwards, but I did not know not to tilt my head down. I don't remember stretching it, and did not even use the pain meds.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tilted my head down to stretch my neck, i think that made the healing less perfect. At the back the upper part is a little higher than the lower part.

But who mentioned anything in this thread about tilting of the head?

CCS

Reaction score
the upper part is a little higher than the lower part?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, if i run my finger over the scar, it dips down from upper part to lower part. However, when i do that at the sides, there is no noticable change in height of the skin.

Also, when i stretch my neck, the upper and lower part (area above the incision line, and the area below it) become even. So I think the titlting of my neck forward in the healing process might have made this happen.

I don't think this will have much of an impact (if any) on the aesthetics, i can just feel the difference.

CCS

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting bent out of shape about the corners of my hair line being 3mm to high, and feel like getting a 600 graft procedure to fill it all in and thicken what is behind it. But Maybe HM will come or I can regrow hair out of slick scalp.

Would you have a small proscedure to get a second chance on that scar?

powersam

Reaction score
the fue scars are visible and unusual looking if you shave your head. i have seen a few men around with those scars, was puzzled as to what would cause them till i realised it had to be FUE.

i think the tricophatic closure technique is by far the best bet. using the strip incision the transplant people get more viable follicles to transplant than from FUE punches, and if done right the scar is basically invisible. you could probably even shave your head and noone notice. if you take good care of the scar when healing that is, no stretching of the skin or stitches, apply potent vitamin E a few times a day etc. and i think the FUE is more expensive, but i'm not sure.

CCS

Reaction score
It is at least 50% more expensive. I'm bothered by FUE because every time the punch out a graft, they risk slicing into the nearby ones. I think it is safer to slice up a strip under magnification from the edges inward than to take a punch and guess at where the follicle is from that shaft angle. Also, they have to disconnect it from the inside, hopefully not by pulling it out. With a strip they just slice them all at the right depth. I know a strip may should groteque. But when it is all healed, my head feels completely normal.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The scar is really nice, so I wouldn't have another FUSS. I just measured it and it's 1 mm all around. What I may do is do FUE to fill it in though one day, when I am doing well financially for myself. Some people may consider that a waste of grafts, but I think I will be able to keep my hair, so I won't have to worry about another procedure, other than maybe to completely fill in the hairline which shouldn't take many grafts at all.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
That is good to know. Do all bosley doctors do tri-closure? I'm just wondering why my first and smallest procedure had such a big scar. I did not exercise afterwards, but I did not know not to tilt my head down. I don't remember stretching it, and did not even use the pain meds.

collegechemistrystudent I did not know you had a hair transplant???

Where are the pictures? Where is your story?

And how come you have more than 1200 posts in 1 month here?

How many hours do you spend in this board every day?

And no offense, but do you really study chemistry? Because in some of your posts you are ignoring and bypassing simple and basic chemistry principles. :eek: