Question on the Big 3

ironmike10

Reaction score
Has anyone been on the big 3 for at least a year and have seen no results? I mean not just maintaining what u have/had, but experienced significant and increased loss despite using the big 3 religiously.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on it 5-6months and had great results.

Most people do.

Are you waiting for the 1 dude to reply that all his hair fell out on the big 3 so you can say "it sucks" and not do it?

Axon

Reaction score
That's why the HairLossTalk.com forums are the best - we tell it like it is.

ironmike10

Reaction score
Hell no, I know it has worked in enough people that I will do it no matter what for as long as it takes. But I was just wondering if hairloss for some is unstoppable despite their effort. I'm really just looking for reassurance that use of the big 3 will at worst keep my hair where it is one year from now...that's all....

What ever it takes!!! :rockon:

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using the big 3 for 2 years and not only hasnt it worked, but my brother lost all his hair too.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Olorin said:
I've been using the big 3 for 2 years and not only hasnt it worked, but my brother lost all his hair too.
I bet he was rather upset with you over that

This board has been so thick with sarcasm as of late I've had to take extra long showers just to get the stink off.

G

In that case you should invite a few friends so that you can conserve water.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Ironmike -

17% of people on Propecia will continue to lose hair no matter how long they take it. Roughly 35% of people on Rogaine will continue to lose hair no matter how long they take it. Combining the two probably decreases those percentages, but there are always non responders, so be realistic on whether or not its working for you.

Even merck says if Propecia hasn't worked after a year, it wont work for you. Once you reach the one year mark, consider adding growth stimulants like Tricomin first, and giving it a few months. You may also consider adding topical spironolactone 5% (http://www.minoxidil.com) as some have reported no results until adding this.

It will become an issue of how much money you have, and how much time you've got to maintain the regimen. You didn't mention if you're on Nizoral too, but without it, you may not see any results on Propecia/Rogaine, so if you're not on it, disregard everything I said above and start on it now. Give it 6 months and see what happens.

If you have ANY itching or scalp irritation, that could be completely stopping any results.

HairLossTalk.com

Axon

Reaction score
This board has been so thick with sarcasm as of late I've had to take extra long showers just to get the stink off.

That's MY line! <weeps>

I have to agree with everything HairLossTalk.com said. Give it a year, be patient, and try not to think about it. I saw results at 3 months, then the whole process seemed slow going.

I guess there was even a shed at month 9 (crown got a little worse, nothing too bad, for 3 or 4 weeks, then suddenly came back thicker than ever) and my hairline has even shown improvement at 10 months. It just took a long time.

pitomtl

Reaction score
Bonjour:
I just completed my firts 2 months on Proscar 1/4 and Nizoral 2%. I haven't seen any improvement.I do see little hair near my hairline but I think it was there before I started my treatement.
My scalp is itchy sometimes and even though I use Nizoral every 3 days I still have flakes...What sohuld I do? I use a regular shampoo for the other days...What shuold I do?

Thanx

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

You said if Propecia doesn't work for you after a year you should consider adding something else. Do you mean you should continue to take propecia along with other products, or drop propecia altogether from your regimen. I would think if it's not working after a year you shouldn't bother taking it anymore. But the problem is knowing whether or not propecia has worked, as in if it has slowed anything down.

Reaction score
No, you should continue taking Propecia even if it did not work, considering you are going to add minoxidil. Dr.Lee said Propecia + minoxidil has a synergystic effect when taken together. He saw many patients have a big improvement when taking them together compared to while they were only using one at a time.