Question about Xandrox 12.5

hexedd

Reaction score
Hey All,

I would like to try Xandrox 12.5% because I have an area around the vertex and frontal area that hasn't responded at all to Propecia. In fact I think Propecia hasn't really helped at all after 9 months. Very frustrating. I would like to try Xandrox 12.5% because it's a lotion and apparently very easy to apply. Plus the area is rather big and having been on Revivogen for about 4 months now I can honestly say I'm sick of having to use that damn dropper on my whole head. i always miss spots and when I do get it there always seems to be way too much on there. Any advice on whether I should go the xandrox route? I think it should work well since it has a lot of minoxidil and azelaic acid making it a dht inhibitor as well as a re-growth stimulant. Anyone have any success with it?

Cassin

Reaction score
I don't think Dr Lee won't sell it to you until you have tried a form of Minoxidil for around 6 months I think. I could be wrong about the 12.5%, but I know that is the case for his 15%.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
A lotion is thicker than a solution. My guess is it would be quite greasy and hard to apply in areas that still have hair. Maybe someone using this can chime in here on that.
My advice would be to use regular 5% minoxidil 2x/day first. There's really no solid evidence that X12.5 is any more effective than 5%. Theoretically it should be more effective but it hasn't been tested or proven.
Save that stuff as a last resort.

hexedd

Reaction score
My only concern is that I have a very hectic schedule so applying the 5% 2x a day would be very hard. 1x a day would be more realistic. Not sure I would still get any results from that.

Also, I wrote Dr. Lee an email and he said that he did recommend the 12.5% based on the description I gave to him. It is a lotion but using a tiny bit would probably decrease the chance of over use.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
If applications are a PITA. You can always start out on Dr. Lee's plain 5% minoxidil for the PITA application as it dries in about 15-20 minutes. Then use generic minoxidil for the application that's not a PITA. Just a thought.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hex please see my response to your other post about your fear that treatments are losing effectiveness. I strongly advise you to hold off on adding anything new at this time. The reason why is explained in the other thread.

HairLossTalk.com

baller292

Reaction score
I've been using Lee's 12.5% for about 4 mos. on the front. First, it seems to help on the front and temples a bit because the vellous hairs seem to keep getting a little longer the more they come in. They're not like terminal hair yet, but some are coming in darker. Second, it's not hard to put on, but the pump that comes with it just sucks. Having gone through nearly 2 bottles of it, neither pump has worked right, so I just unscrew the cap and spread a little on the fingers with the "swizzle stick" that's attached to the pump and apply that way, about the size of a penny I think Lee recommends. It's like a grainy version of spironolactone, and it does not burn at all.