QUESTION ABOUT WASHING OUT ROGAINE

MOE

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I may be a bit obsessive about this but i was wondering if rogaine needs to be washed out everyday. I have really short hair and i apply my rogaine at bed time. In the morning I take a shower and basically just use water to rinse what ever flaking is left from the rogaine. I do this because I heard that over shampooing can cause hair loss therefore i wash my hair with nizoral every third to fourth day since i keep my hair short. Can not proper rinsing out of rogaine be bad for scalp or hair? or should i shampoo my hair everyday afer rogaine use?

Cassin

Reaction score
MOE said:
Hey guys,

I may be a bit obsessive about this ................

:)

When you use shampoo, just make sure it is a clean rinsing shampoo that you don't have to have your head under the shower head for 6 minutes to wash it out.

G

Basiclly I think that there is little you can do from the outside to damage hair - beside from the more obvious things like putting gasoline and a match to it.

Washing your hair won´t make it fall out, but washing your hair daily will rinse natural fat and dirt from the hair, exposing the hair and making it frizzy.

Also when you wash your hair your scalp gets dried.

I wash every third day with nizoral. I start by using luke warm water and rinse with a bit colder water - minimize dry scalp.

Rogaine doesn´t need to be washed out every day to be effective.

MOE

Reaction score
OK, I hear you Nesta but i also want to make sure that i dont dry out my scalp so it will be in prime shape for re-growth..right? I mean thats what i've been reading on this site. It's just that when i leave my rogaine on my scalp the next day without rinsing it out with a shampoo - my scalp gets so itchy and my hair gets so dry and brittle and swear more hair comes out when i put i comb thru it . i'm going to look into a moisturing shampoo and conditioner - i've dried nioxin scalp therapy and conditioner and that drying out my hair and scalp