Question about the big 3?

DJ007

Reaction score
HI Guys
I have been thinning on top for the last few years but finally went to the Doctor and had a blood test (no problems found).While there i asked about Regain/minoxidil, he said "i cant belive that stuff is still around,it only grows bum fluff!" I then ask about some thing i had seen in a magazine called Propecia.The Doctor had never heard about it but looked it up in his book and read the info(as on packet).He said i could try it if i wanted to but as he had never gave it to any other patients,i would have to check in with him in 12 mouths.
So i left the docs with my mind spining,not much help there and he had more hair than me!
I found this great site and looked at all the info.It seams the best results are with the big 3 of Propecia,minoxidil,t-gel/nizoral
So my question is do i just start on propecia/proscar first for a year then see what happens and then add minoxidil? or do i start on all 3 for the first year?...Then what about this dutasteride/advodart?.........thank you

Reaction score
Here's what you should do and don't listen to anyone else!

- Try Propecia (daily) + Nizoral (twice/week) for one year. If it does not work after one year, then add minoxidil 5%.

- In the first year that you are not on minoxidil, you can add a mild "growth stimulant" between Tricomin OR Folligen. Its sold on this site too.

- Lastly, if you want to block the DHT that slips through from the Propecia in attaching to the hair receptors, you can use spironolactone (order at http://www.minoxidil.com)

I guarantee the regimen above is workable and using conservative products proven to be useful.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
HairlossMilitant is right on. Good advice. Finasteride should be sufficient with Nizoral shampoo to completely stop your hair loss after 1 year of use.

Two other things: Expect your hair to get worse before it gets better. Propecia can and does cause shedding for a few months but it will always cycle back in if you stay with the treatment.

Take photos of yourself now for baseline comparisons. Don't skip this step!

As for yet another doctor making completely absurd comments and being completely undereducated? I rest my case, yet again.

HairLossTalk.com

DJ007

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help guys,nice one cheers :)