Question About Hair Systems And Skin/itching

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
How suitable are hair systems for people who have itchy scalps? I know a lot of conditions like Seborrheic Dermatitis and Dandruff are treated by applying things to your scalp, which obviously isn't possible with certain types of hair system. Will this mean you can't have a hair system if you have one of these conditions?

Can your scalp still be cleaned and creams and stuff applied if you have a lace one?

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say if wearing a system will exacerbate any existing skin condition, but you won't be able to apply any creams while your system is attached, and scratching your head while wearing a lace system will cause shedding of the hair.
Any cleaning and cream application would have to be between system applications.

ABloke112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't say if wearing a system will exacerbate any existing skin condition, but you won't be able to apply any creams while your system is attached, and scratching your head while wearing a lace system will cause shedding of the hair.
Any cleaning and cream application would have to be between system applications.

If it's lace though surely the water and stuff will go through it to the skin? I thought that was one of the advantages of a lace system? Creams probably wouldn't go through it but I thought oils would?

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it will penetrate, but I would think that applying oils will result in a greasy looking system on your head and will run the risk of weakening the knots and undoing the glue and tape bond.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't want to put "oils" on your system... the hair will wind up looking like crap, and you can loosen the knots and cause shedding.

You can try a scalp protector (Walkers Max Hold Sport). Not sure how much hair you will be shaving off in order to put on a system. Because f you try it, and it doesn't work... you will have to take the system off... and be bald to the world.

Maybe ask your dermo what he/she thinks, first?