Question about finasteride

G

I posted this in another thread but it had no response.

Just a few questions about finasteride. I'm going away on holidays for two weeks in august so I don't want to start taking it till I get back. As no doubt I'll experience some sexual side affects and shedding. The last thing I want to be is balder, honestly now if I shave my head every few days its not so obvious but if I started to shed it would, which would ultimately kill my confidence and any chance of pulling a few birds, and then there is the chance of some temporary erections problems. I'd rather be functioning properly for those two weeks if you know what I mean.

Also what’s the deal with drinking alcohol whilst on finasteride? Is it safe or will it have an adverse affects. I remember I was on some strong antibiotics and after one beer I was puking the contents of my stomach up. Would finasteride do this?
Seriously, Is it known to have any major long-term affects? Coz I'm going to want to have kids some day and would rather that they be healthy than born with some defect.

I'm 19 and am thinning all over the top of my head. Currently, I've been using Rogaine 5% for the last 4 and 1/2 months with little luck.

Does anyone have any site within the uk which sell Propecia/finasteride and Rogaine at good a price?

stabone

Reaction score
I was informed that finasteride may lower your sperm count, however when you try to have kids, to play it safe, stop taking the finasteride 2 weeks prior b/c it takes two weeks to get finasteride out of your system. As far as long term effects there are no studies to suggest that there is any risk long term. I am also going to get a liver panel test to be safe after 1 year of use, this test will make sure that your liver enzymes are where they are supposed to be at. Keep in mind that finasteride has the highest success rate of any hair product that exits. I use the finasteride and spironolactone 5% to eradicate almost all DHT in the scalp, plus add minoxidil and Folligen to promote growth. I am starting to get a few new hairs after 3 months use. I hope the regrowth really kicks in soon. Prepare for 2 1/2 months of shedding though after comencing this regime.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
If you read the new article on HairLossTalk.com, it says that it does not affect pregnancy and that it does not matter if you use a condom or not when doing the deed as some people think that it may affect the women if you do not.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
stabone said:
I was informed that finasteride may lower your sperm count, however when you try to have kids, to play it safe, stop taking the finasteride 2 weeks prior b/c it takes two weeks to get finasteride out of your system.
Upper right hand corner of every page, big annoying orange text. "Propecia and Pregnancy..."

HairLossTalk.com

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Upper right hand corner of every page, big annoying orange text. "Propecia and Pregnancy..."

I think it's on the upper LEFT hand corner :wink:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
I think it's on the upper LEFT hand corner :wink:
No wonder I couldn't find it!

HairLossTalk.com

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
Also what’s the deal with drinking alcohol whilst on finasteride?

Hey man, im 19 too.....ruff age for this sh*t to be happening. Ne ways I feel that i have to warn you that i was on finasteride about 1 year ago and when i got drunk i couldnt get it up. This happened more then once and when i stopped i could get it up drunk or not with in a week. I value my hair a lot so i gave finasteride another go, right now on on month three and i havent had any sexual side effects whatsoever. I also take procerin and l-lysine. Ive head that l-arginine has great effects on Nitrus Oxide which could help with erection. As far as long term damage with finasteride and alcohol i would say that it shouldnt be too bad as long as ur liver is alright.