Question about Fallen out hair

latecomer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A quick stupid question............when u get hair that falls out and has a white bulb at the end of it. What does this usually mean? eg. will that hair follicule never regrow again? or is it just part of the cycle for regrowth?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as far as i know, the white bulb at the end has no real significance other than, its the end of the hair shaft. normal people lose 100 hairs a day, and typically their hair will have a bulb at the end, and the hair will grow back normally just like all the other ones. if you have male pattern baldness, and if the hair was shed because of DHT starvation (which is a known cause of male pattern baldness), the hair will probably have a bulb on the end of it as well, and will grow back, only the next time around it will be thinner and won't grow as long. this is why people with male pattern baldness very slowly get thinner hair, until eventually the follicle is completely starved by DHT and no hair is produced from that follicle anymore.

if you're noticing an increase in hair loss lately (lots of hairs on your pillow, in the shower, etc.) and if you are noticing thinning areas (especially in the temple area and/or the crown) then you may have male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness). if this bothers you, then go to a dermatologist and let them evaluate you. the good news is, there are lots of safe treatments out there if you are unlucky enough to get this crapy affliction.

The Gardener

Reaction score
The bulb at the end of the hairshaft is completely normal. Examination of a shed hair, color or size of the bulb, will tell you nothing about male pattern baldness conditions as non-male pattern baldness people shed hairs with bulbs too.

Now, a hair WITHOUT a bulb might be something to look out for. This is a sign that the hair was either cut, or that it broke off. Broken hairs might be a sign that your hair is excessively brittle, and perhaps you should either improve your nutrition or experiment with some better hair care products.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
really?? when i rub my hair and like 12 hairs fall out they usually dont have a bulb at the end .... I use Vive Thickening shampoo which is also supposed to strengthen hair and make them less brittle hmmm could it be my hair gell stuff??