Question about Adhesive Options I Have If I'm Allergic to Tapes

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm allergic to tape & find Ghostbond/White Glue to be disgusting.

I'm getting a UTS & want to try a different type of bond.

Since I'm allergic to tapes, I've assumed I can't use acylic glues - but is that necessarily true?

What other bonding options do I have (besides Got2B, which has been my less-than-desirable go-to).

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
No drip when heated, you're sweating, water, etc?

Ghostbond seems very limited in the way it cures.

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven´t tried full head bonding with this by now.
First target was to find something which doens´t react with my skin.
Also sweating etc is not a big thing for me. Don´t do much sports und climate is also no that warm.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven´t tried full head bonding with this by now.
First target was to find something which doens´t react with my skin.
Also sweating etc is not a big thing for me. Don´t do much sports und climate is also no that warm.
What liquid adhesive types have you tried so far? I've only tried White Glue, which I'm less than thrilled w/. Acrlyic seems best, since it cures immedialtely & is clear.

Wonder if my tape allergy is from the acrlyic or not...

smoka123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I´ve tried nearly the whole stuff from Pro Hair Labs. Phantom, For Women Only, Platinum etc.
Phantom is ok it has just a bit of allergic reaction. Platinum I just made a patch test on my arm. It was really red then I didn´t put it on my head. Same is "For women only", which as the producer says, should be very sensitive....
Than I´ve tried several tapes. It´s curious that the less sensitive it should be the better it works. Supertape, Green Tape etc pp.
I tested Ultra Hold ,too . It is acrylic. But I have also a slight reaction to it.
So I will just go with silicone bonds. But I have to say the first days the white glue was working for me. Good hold, no reaction und easy to put on your head. But then suddenly an allergic reaction came..... :(