Proscar, Rogaine 5%, and Nizoral

The Man

Reaction score
OK. First off, i am so grateful that this forum exists. it is full of info and it is so cool that everyone helps each other out. Before i explain my deal, please do not refer me to another area of this site, like many people who ask questions that are already answered, I just want an actual answer to me from someone. I have been taking Propecia for 3 years now. I ran out in January and did not take anything for almost a month. Otherwise have pretty much been on it everyday. I recently switched over to Proscar (cheaper) and am 1/4 it up So 1.25 a day. Also i just got Nizoral and Rogaine 5% a couple weeks ago. I am only applying the Rogaine so far to my temples unitl i get some asnwers.
Here are my questions.

1) i got the proscar from Prescriptionskeywest.com. Does anyone have any comments on them. The pills are blue. Is this normal and does anyone know if they are repupatable?

2) I have read all over that you go into a shed very fast with rogaine. How much should i expect to shed? I am kinda thin now and am wondering if I will lose a lot. I am kind of scared to start using it.
Also has anyone had success with Rogaine on temple area?

3) Even though I have been on Propecia for 3 years I still have been thinning fairly consistantly. I would say that on the top and to top of back of my head my hair is about 1/5 as thick as the sides at the most. It is very limp and flat unless i gel it up or spray it. It was a lot thicker when I started on propecia. I am wondering if it might not be working for me. I have photos throughout the years if anyone wants to see them. Also if i run my hand back and fourth across the top of my head about 20-30 hairs fall out. It will do this anytime/any day. Always has. Is propecia or Rogaine supposed to stop that?
So i am a lot thinner on top which is why i got the Rogaine and Nizoral. Any comments or suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for taking the time.

Axon

Reaction score
1. Prescriptions Key West is a legit site. I have used them in the past. Proscar is indeed blue and oddly shaped.

2. I have had success on the temple area with Minoxidil and I have not experienced a shed, or at least a noticeable one.

I do not know of a good way to stop fallout, but I do know it has little effect on the actual process of male pattern baldness.