proscar or propecia

rob1

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me as to the cheepest place to get proscar or propecia. I am still very confused about the whole issue. I do have a prescription for propecia, however it is very expensive. I have read about cutting the proscar. Is proscar as good as propecia. Anyway, I would like to know where to buy it for the cheepest price. Thanks

G

Propecia -> 1mg of Finasteride by Merck

Proscar -> 5mg of Finasterdie by Merck

Some people buy Proscar and cut the pill in 4ths (because it's cheaper), so they take 1.25mg a day. 8)

The recommended dose to treat male pattern baldness is 1mg of Finasteride. :)

rob1

Reaction score
Does anyone buy proscar or propecia on line, is it cheeper, and what site do you order from, I have a RX for propecia, but since most people tell me proscar is cheeper, I guess that is the way to go. I checked walgreens for the price of propecia and it is about 60.00, where can I get it cheeper????

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
can anyone give me any further info on proscar? I talked to my Doctor about it and he's never heard of it, or anyone else ever ask for it, so he's unsure of it's prescription name, and thus, a little skeptical.

VWdude

Reaction score
Yeah some doctors haven't heard of it since there are better drugs that are currently used to treat an enlarged prostate...

When I told my Doctor about it, he didn't know about it either until he looked it up in a medical dictionary and saw it was 5mg Finasteride...

He didn't give me a prescription saying "proscar, 5mg" but what he did do was write a prescription for finasteride 1mg hoping that I could get away with convincing a pharmacy to fill my prescription with proscar with the intent to cut it... he did that to save his ***.

anyways, one online pharmacy accepted the rx and now im taking delicious proscar instead of over priced McPropecia...

some docs won't prescribe you proscar....you have to manipulate them.

Bll3r

Established Member
Reaction score
my derm told me that proscar wasnt a cure for male pattern baldness and the only drug out there was Propecia . . . I felt like giving him the URL to this forum and tell him to do his research, so now i just order my proscar from inhousepharmacy.com so far so good w/their service

chromedomefear

Established Member
Reaction score
I am HUGELY skeptical of online pharmacies that don't require prescriptions. I don't advise that avenue.

For anyone with a more intrinsic knowledge of finasteride....is it intended for enlarged prostates? Bc prostate cancer is hereditary in my family, and I'm trying to prevent it as best I can. Any ideas floating around out there?

pmzito

Reaction score
Bll3r said:
my derm told me that proscar wasnt a cure for male pattern baldness and the only drug out there was Propecia . . . I felt like giving him the URL to this forum and tell him to do his research, so now i just order my proscar from inhousepharmacy.com so far so good w/their service

well your physician, like many, don't know drugs. dermatologists frequently over prescribe acne medication to their patients. a lot of times he/she will give a patient 3 different medications when only 1 is enough.

when i went to a physician he was like why do you want proscar. as soon as i hit them with a lot of pharmacological based questions, they backed off and asked what type of training I had. Once, I told them my medical background they straight up asked me, how many do you want?