Proscar and depression

U2V

Reaction score
I was on generic proscar (made in India I think) for about a year, when I ran out I ordered Proscar ( by Merick) It's a slightly different shade of white to the Fincar I was taking before, when cut. I had no problem with sides on the fincar, at least none that were cause for concern, but since switching to the Merick brand of Proscar, I have noticed two things: the first was that I lost almost no hair in the shower! I don't know whether this was just by chance or whether is was the effectiveness of proscar. the second was that I'm getting severe bouts of depression now, very powerful and difficult to shake. I have read that some people have this, but I didn't on fincar. Anyone know if there is a difference between the two that may cause this reaction?

I'm sure it's working, but I don't think I can live with the psychological effects. How about dutasteride? Is anyone having negative psychological effects on that? I'm bummed out that just when I see something really working I may have to stop using it. Any advice would be most welcome!!!!

Also, I'd be interested to know if anyone had depression on generic Fincar

Pondle

Reaction score
Depression has never been officially attributed to finasteride or dutasteride in the clinical literature. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a correlation, but that would be easy to explain - finasteride/dutasteride users are by definition losing their hair!

I also experienced vastly reduced shedding on finasteride - initially I started with genuine Propecia, then moved onto genuine Proscar. On neither occasion did I use an internet pharmacy.