PROPER WAY TO USE CLIP IN HAIR SYSTEM

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am in process of ordering my first clip in hair system. Requesting if any clip in hair system user can guide on what kind of clips are comfortable, easy to put on and remove. Also, proper method of putting in an removing the clip hair system.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
A clip-in method may seem an "easy" solution on its face but it isn't.

It's very painful, it's even more limiting in terms of hairstyles and comb-ability, and it's bad for your psychology (you switch from unbald to bald everyday in your mirror).

Adhesive is better.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The clip-in method is only good for someone who doesn’t want to shave their scalp (except maybe by the hairline), deal with maintenance (or has reactions to tape/glue) and only wants to wear the unit several hours a day (can be pushed to 8-12). You absolutely can’t sleep with it, and you will need to move the clips around to prevent traction hair loss. It’s uncomfortable, at first, but it’s doable. You will need to wear your hair on the longer side. In most cases, you will still need tape in the front, and you will look silly with an exposed hairline. Just use an adhesive. Way better.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, I'm very into the idea. I am into wearing these things like hats, not appendages. Have no problem w being detected or admitting to it. Just seems easy as hell, and wouldn absolutely stretch the lifespan of the system out. No sleeping in it. Less styling, washing, deep cleaning, etc.

Only problem I have w it is having to grow my sides. I like taking my piece of and having a buzzed head undernearth. I hate the Larry David bald look, even though it's very classy & intelligent looking (IMO).

I'm so into lookiong youthful I couldn't just grow my hair out. Attorney Mike Advenatti looks epic w his balding.

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
A clip-in method may seem an "easy" solution on its face but it isn't.

It's very painful, it's even more limiting in terms of hairstyles and comb-ability, and it's bad for your psychology (you switch from unbald to bald everyday in your mirror).

Adhesive is better.
Going bald to unbald everyday is not a problem for me. In fact, the hair will get some fresh air and the sleep will be comfortable. Many ladies use clip hair extension all the time. Maybe the type of clip, method of putting on and removing the hair patch will make the difference. I don't know. I am sure there are some experienced guys using clip based hair systems. Requesting their guidance, please.
Ya, I'm very into the idea. I am into wearing these things like hats, not appendages. Have no problem w being detected or admitting to it. Just seems easy as hell, and wouldn absolutely stretch the lifespan of the system out. No sleeping in it. Less styling, washing, deep cleaning, etc.
That's the idea. That's why I am keen to try it.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Only problem I have w it is having to grow my sides. I like taking my piece of and having a buzzed head undernearth. I hate the Larry David bald look, even though it's very classy & intelligent looking (IMO).

I'm so into lookiong youthful I couldn't just grow my hair out. Attorney Mike Advenatti looks epic w his balding.
Yeah, you need at least an inch of hair for the clips to latch onto. Also, the hair has to be strong. Thinning sides won’t work.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a solid alternative if you are ok with the cons. A guy I knew had one for business meetings (funny enough, he’s in the hair system industry) and social events. He would take it off and wear a cap when he was doing his own thing. He was into playing sports and fishing, and didn’t like the idea of tape/glue being on his head.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have the grown out horseshoe to blend the hair system into it.
And will wear caps or beanies if I go out to hide it.
I don't mind showing off a shaved bald head but the horseshoe is hideous and makes me look older and ugly.
If hair systems don't work for me,I'll go back to shaving my head.

The ONLY reason I wear hair systems is because I wanted to have hair styles and was bored of the samey decades of the bald look.
However I didn't hide it.

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the grown out horseshoe to blend the hair system into it.
And will wear caps or beanies if I go out to hide it.
I don't mind showing off a shaved bald head but the horseshoe is hideous and makes me look older and ugly.
If hair systems don't work for me,I'll go back to shaving my head.

The ONLY reason I wear hair systems is because I wanted to have hair styles and was bored of the samey decades of the bald look.
However I didn't hide it.
So does a clip one work for you ??

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys.. I am placing an order for clip hair system .. I was looking for a comfortable and breathable base.

Do you advice a lace base with clip hair system ?? What base will be good ?