Propecia

Senf

Reaction score
I have been taking Propecia, (or more appropriatly the forign equivalent of it as it is about 1/3 the price) for about 4 months now and it has worked perfectly. My hair was starting to thin but now it seems much better and I can't even really see it thinning at all anymore.

My question is I only have 2 more months supply, so is this a drug you have to keep taking for a long time or once it has worked here can I stop taking it? If I need to get more I want to try to order it soon as it will probably take a month to get it here.
Thank you. :)

Stingray

Reaction score
It's a "for life" drug. I'd order yourself a new batch today.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
You must take it for life to keep the benefits of the newly grown hair. 4 months seems very fast to experience major growth from propecia. Are you taking anything else?

Read the FAQ section on hairloss products for an excellent explanation of all the treatments and their function.

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm you guys say it's a "for life drug".... but from what i've noticced it starts to wear off at about 2-5 years... so ?? i'm wondering myself what i do when that time comes for me? Has anyone been on it for longer then like 3 years with out the results wearing off? Thanks.

In-Valid

Axon

Reaction score
In-valid said:
hmm you guys say it's a "for life drug".... but from what i've noticced it starts to wear off at about 2-5 years... so ?? i'm wondering myself what i do when that time comes for me? Has anyone been on it for longer then like 3 years with out the results wearing off? Thanks.

In-Valid

I haven't, but not everyone loses their results. Better to buy yourself the time, no?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Hopefully if and when that time comes to where the propecia loses its effect, there will be other hairloss treatments available. I am saving fluridil, advodart, 15% xandrox for that time... 5 years in this day and age is a long time away IMO.

azn0608

Reaction score
I've been using Kirkland brand minoxidil for about 3 weeks now...5% once a day on my receeded hairline and thinning vertex. Should I add finasteride as a part of my regimen as if it would help fasten the regrowth? Also I've noticed that my hairloss isn't as bad as before is it a good sign?

Stingray

Reaction score
I would say everyone should have propecia as part of their treatment. Kinda like a car... you need gas to move, but you need oil to keep the engine moving smoothly. Now, you don't need gas to keep the engine alive, but without oil, you're just f*****g yourself.

Sorta a good analogy =)