Propecia side effect survey Please help

lomo

Reaction score
I really want to start using Propecia but being 24 and being into my body and stuff I am worried about side effects.

Please do me a favor and if you used Propecia list how long and what side effects if any you saw.

Thanks you
Todd

tu pac

Reaction score
I will save everyone from the trouble,the side effects are like 2% (sexual,semen cosistency,urination,bla bla bla)they go away after discontinued use,this with minoxdil 5% and nizoral is your best bet.wait year with regiem and hope for the best.Everyone efficiency on a drug differs hope your one of the luckyones.good luck umbre.

lomo

Reaction score
I heard that the side effects are greater then the 2% that Merck claims. Am I wrong in assuming this?

tu pac

Reaction score
people can give odds of getting side effects all they want it is unlikely you will get them, though many of us had them for a couple of weeks then they dissapear. in reality anyone can get them and if you turn out to be in that low percentage there is alternative meds.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
the possibility of sides is alot more than merck claims, even according to Dr Lee. on HLH who believes them to be 5-6 times that.

in my case, its my 6th month so far and i have the lack of libido side since the 3rd day i started.

there are others for whom the sides vanish after a couple of weeks.

you'll never know till you try. the sides go away upon quitting.

Nesrednug

Reaction score
I have been taking it for three weeks and I developed sides, from day one I felt funny in the prostate region but also had the urge to urinate more, accompanied by a tendency to dribble quite a bit after urination. I tried splitting them in half the last week in an attempt to minimize the sides but they were still uncomfortably present. I stopped three days ago and they have almost disappeared.

I didn't experience any major sexual sides in this time, only uncomfortable physical ones as described above. Guess I'm one of the sensitive individuals who can't take this drug trouble-free :(

I am sticking with Nizoral 1% and the 5% minoxidil though, no troubles whatsoever with those.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
lomo take the above post as an example of one thing. If you get sides and don't want to wait until they go away while remaining on finasteride you can just quit the drug and everything will return to normal. So why not give it a month or three and see how you feel?

Britannia

Reaction score
Nearly 3 months of finasteride. The only sides Ive had is nasty acne.
Oh and the 2% Merck claim is the correct figure. It was arrived at during FDA verified trials.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
Nearly 3 months of finasteride. The only sides Ive had is nasty acne.
Oh and the 2% Merck claim is the correct figure. It was arrived at during FDA verified trials.

How about the 'successful' FDA's studies on another Merck product, Vioxx... now completely removed from the market? Meanwhile it was heavily pushed by Merck for several years before finally being recalled.

Over that period, Vioxx was demonstrated to have caused tens of thousands cardiovascular complications. And yet Merck continued to release contrary studies to combat the findings of major medical journals.

Or how about Pfizer's Lipitor, which is still on the market, even though it's being found to cause major memory impairment over a period perhaps longer than addressed by the actual studies. And these are just two drugs released within the last decade or so.

Of course, Finasteride itself is hardly the multi-billion dollar industry that was Vioxx, or is currently Lipitor, and might never receive the same scrutiny from the medical community... to perhaps our own detriment. At least, I wouldn't be so certain.

peterteg1999

Reaction score
I've been on regrowth.com website for years, and I can tell you from my experience, I think it's more like 50% instead of 2%. every other person that took propecia have side effects.

I've been off propecia, for almost 3 months, and the sexually side effect still stays... everytime during sex, I just pretend I enjoy it so much, and it's killing me.... I feel very depress when i can't even get excited when i was squeezing her breasts... yes, it's really that bad.

please think twice before starting propecia...

jeffsss

Reaction score
peterteg1999 said:
I've been on regrowth.com website for years, and I can tell you from my experience, I think it's more like 50% instead of 2%. every other person that took propecia have side effects.

I've been off propecia, for almost 3 months, and the sexually side effect still stays... everytime during sex, I just pretend I enjoy it so much, and it's killing me.... I feel very depress when i can't even get excited when i was squeezing her breasts... yes, it's really that bad.

please think twice before starting propecia...

hmm. I've never had sexual sides.. been on propecia for almost 5 months.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I believe that most people post on forums because they need a place to communicate and discuss their findings, as well as their side effects.

As for the people who are benefitting from the treatment, why should they post on a forum? They really don't, and they don't want to.

Bod

Reaction score
Been taking Merck Proscar (cut in fiths) for 3 weeks and no major side affects apart from dry skin on my face, also I work out alot and it hasn’t affected my fitness regime.