Propecia Quitters: When did your morning wood return?

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no morning wood, no sex drive, as well as other sexual problems caused by propecia. I've tried lowering the dosage but the problems still persist. I've been on it for over a year and really think I need to get off of it, it's ruining me.

This question is simply about morning erections, did they return and how long did it take?

dorianyates

Reaction score
Wierd....I am the opposite..since I have been on it I have been hard has ever and my sex drive has gone up.....I guess we all respond differantly. In reality though..negative sides are rare on Propecia /finasteride.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought I was coming down with some sides also, but I fucked my new g/f 5 times this weekend! Rock hard every time. Wish I lasted longer but ehh, oh well. :)

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
probably psychological my friend.

I think it depends whether you are getting any or not to be honest.

ChiaPet

Reaction score
dorianyates said:
Wierd....I am the opposite..since I have been on it I have been hard has ever and my sex drive has gone up.....I guess we all respond differantly. In reality though..negative sides are rare on Propecia /finasteride.

Well that's perfectly normal. From your profile, it looks like you've been on Propecia for 2 months. Same thing happens to most people - libido skyrockets. It happened to me too...

Then by about months 5-6, it reverses and its kinda a downward spiral from there (in terms of libido) . I know for sure my libido has gone down since month 3 (I'm at month 14 right now). Of course there is a day or 2 there where my libido seems high, but for the most part, it's down there.

I'm gonna pump my veins with L'Arginine for the summer... As for now, it helps me keep focussed on school. :roll:

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Really guys, after coming to this site, I was surprised to see that some men are worried about losing their morning wood :(

I feel very less of a man now. coz I dont ever get morning wood. Never. Except sometimes I get up without the wood but then get horny seeing my GF ( currently dont have one, maybe its the balding ) and then get one. The there is no stopping, ofcourse :). But not normally.

Hair loss and now this.... :(

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
After quitting finasteride, maybe a week later i was basically hard all the time for a week or two.

It's gone back to "normal" now - but this "normal" is about 50% more than on my finasteride days.

It's great.. just hope the spironolactone actually works!

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
Rage said:
After quitting finasteride, maybe a week later i was basically hard all the time for a week or two.

It's gone back to "normal" now - but this "normal" is about 50% more than on my finasteride days.

It's great.. just hope the spironolactone actually works!

Thanks for the reply. How long were you on propecia before you quit?

mikemass

Reaction score
I experienced similar problems with low libido and no morning erections after 4-5 years on Propecia - though symptoms likely came on gradually before then.

I went from 1mg/day to 0.5 mg/day in October 05. Both libido and erections got a boost, but I also experienced a shed (went on topical spironolactone at the same time as lower dosage of Propecia).

By mid-winter libido and erection issues re-surfaced, though not as badly as when I was on 1.0mg/day. So about a month ago I dropped to 0.25 mg/day. So far I'm enjoying a libido boost with no problems getting erections, frequent morning wood, etc. Experienced a slighter shed (am still on topical spironolactone) this time around.

If the sexual problems return, I'm prepared to go off Propecia completely. But for now I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
We share a similar story. I dropped finasteride after using 0.5mg a day. It worked great but the side re-occurred after about a month. I never tried 0.25 though, so please do share the experience.