Propecia, Proscar... - Warning

SHE7A

Reaction score
Hi folks!
Yesterday i red at one bodybuilding forum the topic of one guy. I can say about him that he's like an expert when we talk about hormones, he's really like a doctor (maybe he really is doctor, I don't know). He wrote about finasteride. The text was in croatian language, so I tried to translate it. English is not my maternal language, but I hope that you could understand what I wrote. He wrote this:

"For those who don't know and for those who intend to take one of this medicines, which are used for stopping hair loss and "allegedly" for mitigation simptoms of prostate cancer, important warning:

Don't take these medicines!!! We can buy that medicines allready few years and now we know what kind of $#iT finasteride really is. Hundred thousands of people all over the world blocked permanent their HPTA arbor... It's been doubt on some mechanism, when you play games with it, completly distort homeostasis, and it's impossible to return on normal state. After hard cycles of AAS (androgen anabolic steroids), most consumers get back, and when we talk about finasteride (Propecia, Proscar), only small number of poople get beck to normal state. In general, finasteride blocks enzyme 5-alfa reductaze, which is situated in sex specific tissue all over the body. Blocking this enzyme, stop one conversion step and it's being limited and stopped conversion of testosterone in most powerful androgen, DHT. It is direct responsible for lot of cool things, which make us to be male, and with suppresing DHT, male is losing a lot of his natural attributes. So, be smart, doesn't matter if you don't have hair on your head, when other functions of organism are on optimal level."

What do you think about that? :wink:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
SHE7A said:
. . . So, be smart, doesn't matter if you don't have hair on your head, when other functions of organism are on optimal level."

I think he makes a great point and perfect sense.

(Still, what's a balding boy to do?)

jeffsss

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
SHE7A said:
. . . So, be smart, doesn't matter if you don't have hair on your head, when other functions of organism are on optimal level."

I think he makes a great point and perfect sense.

(Still, what's a balding boy to do?)

yup

Garm1

Reaction score
Hundred thousands of people all over the world blocked permanent their HPTA arbor... It's been doubt on some mechanism, when you play games with it, completly distort homeostasis, and it's impossible to return on normal state
can you be more clear with that?

SHE7A

Reaction score
Garm1 said:
Hundred thousands of people all over the world blocked permanent their HPTA arbor... It's been doubt on some mechanism, when you play games with it, completly distort homeostasis, and it's impossible to return on normal state

Sorry, but I don't understand that too, even when I read that in Croatian it's not clear to me. So it's impossible for me to translate that clear in english. :(

SHE7A

Reaction score
Garm1 said:

I'll try again... Using finasteride for long time (probably more than 5 years) dramatically suppress the natural DHT production (testosterone conversation) regulated by the body's HPTA (hypothalamus-pituitary-testes-axis) system, and scientists think that it could be some mechanism (don't know which), when you use finasteride, that completly distort homeostasis, and it's impossible to have the optimal organism functions after that.

Thinning fast

Reaction score
I think it varies from individual to individual. Some people take an 8 week cycle of AAS and their HPTA never returns to normal, where as others are "on" AAS for many years without a break and are able to return to normal levels after stopping.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Because finasteride is in America's Top 10 Prescription Medications Used list.. I would say that, if in the unlikely case that finasteride does have the affect of destroying optimal organism function, then the FDA is in a world of sh*t.

But, I doubt it. The 10 year results should be out sometime next year, I believe.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SHE7A said:
I'll try again... Using finasteride for long time (probably more than 5 years) dramatically suppress the natural DHT production (testosterone conversation) regulated by the body's HPTA (hypothalamus-pituitary-testes-axis) system, and scientists think that it could be some mechanism (don't know which), when you use finasteride, that completly distort homeostasis, and it's impossible to have the optimal organism functions after that.

Ask the guy who made those claims for scientific references for them. Frankly, I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

Bryan

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
well i took it when i was around 15 years old, and yes today im 24, and i do rather have a baby face/ girly face, some people sometimes mistake me for a women at my work lol. and i do rather have girly attributes such as low muscle mass, (very hard for me to pack on muscle mass even tough ive been lifting for 10 years and taking protein shakes). and my voice is rather not manly. maybe the propecia did something to me.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
SHE7 I trust you will be contributing more to this forum than just alarmist posts about Propecia, in the near future, right?

HairLossTalk.com

jeffsss

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
well i took it when i was around 15 years old, and yes today im 24, and i do rather have a baby face/ girly face, some people sometimes mistake me for a women at my work lol. and i do rather have girly attributes such as low muscle mass, (very hard for me to pack on muscle mass even tough ive been lifting for 10 years and taking protein shakes). and my voice is rather not manly. maybe the propecia did something to me.

and lemme guess.... your dad is Jay Cutler...

your age that you claim isnt the same age in your sig...

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
From the translation it sounds like he heard that stupid rumor about finasteride shrinking your c***'n balls, had a panic attack and then posted about it before looking for more information on the subject.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
If I didn't know any better I'd say that Tynan's back.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
ronaldkia said:

haha. that's the funniest paragraph I've ever read. I find your lameness highly amusing.