Propecia problems?

AZJ

Reaction score
I've been on Propecia for 5 3/4 months and the last few days I've run into problems. Increasingly over the last three days, the amount of semen has significantly decreased after ejaculation, my libido is way down and it is hard to sustain a full erection. This happened to be once already right around two months. Are these problems common and is it likely to come and go?

Thanks for your help.

G

AZJ said:
I've been on Propecia for 5 3/4 months and the last few days I've run into problems. Increasingly over the last three days, the amount of semen has significantly decreased after ejaculation, my libido is way down and it is hard to sustain a full erection. This happened to be once already right around two months. Are these problems common and is it likely to come and go?

Thanks for your help.

In my experience, assuming your dosage is consistent, this will not likely come and go!

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Drop in libido is normal. I have noted 'fluxuations' in my libido, so perhaps youre just at a lull. If it bothers you enough, lighten the dosage a bit. Or try taking L-Arginine.

drinkrum

Reaction score
AZJ said:

Thanks for your help.

According to clinical trials, this _should_ abate after several months as your body adjusts. How true that is, is up to furious debate -- esp. on this forum.

D.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
9 Days on Propecia for me...

Definitely, undoubtedly, absolutely have a lower libido. Unable to get a full erection and am just not horny as I was 10 days ago.

Gonno go through it though even if the wife kills me!

G

Bob Booley said:
9 Days on Propecia for me...

Definitely, undoubtedly, absolutely have a lower libido. Unable to get a full erection and am just not horny as I was 10 days ago.

Gonno go through it though even if the wife kills me!

She might! :freaked2:

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, same thing happened to me. After reading this forum, I got on L-Arginine - 500mg and it defintely helped. The volume of ejac is still down but everything else came back to about normal pretty quickly.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
bruce

Bruce, I have seen you mention your experience, generally, with propecia in a few places. I am curious, what was your dosage, and for how long did you take it? Did you ever alter your dosage? Did you have fluctuations?

I just started 0.25 mg as I mentioned to you in another forum. Of COURSE I am already psyching myself out wondering about my libido. My wife is on a trip to see family, so I figure its a good time to start and see.

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on propecia for going on 3 months. Libido intact. Semen plentiful. Enjoying a sexy f*ck just as much now as ever before. In addition, I think my shedding has slowed down. Yahoo :!:

G

Re: bruce

Celtictigyr said:
Bruce, I have seen you mention your experience, generally, with propecia in a few places. I am curious, what was your dosage, and for how long did you take it? Did you ever alter your dosage? Did you have fluctuations?

I just started 0.25 mg as I mentioned to you in another forum. Of COURSE I am already psyching myself out wondering about my libido. My wife is on a trip to see family, so I figure its a good time to start and see.

I used it for over 2 yrs. Started at 1MG and over time lowered dose to about .25MG per day. Def. regrew my crown. As I indicated, my side effects were NOT immediate and were of the long slow decline nature.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
drive

Bruce: A long slow decline sounds like regular aging. Are you sure it wasn't just that? Have you seen it jump right back up? Since you have been off?

I noticed the first time I dabbled with this stuff (1 mg), my drive shot up and my size, though already pretty damn good, got BIGGER (girlfriend noticed too), due to increased blood flow. Had higher drive, more blood flow and then BAM, it just dropped into nothing land.

I am trying 0.25 this time, but my old lady is still recovery from surgery so we haven't had sex in a long time, and won't for a while. We shall see what happens when she is ready (maybe never ? LOL)

G

Re: drive

Celtictigyr said:
Bruce: A long slow decline sounds like regular aging. Are you sure it wasn't just that? Have you seen it jump right back up? Since you have been off?

I noticed the first time I dabbled with this stuff (1 mg), my drive shot up and my size, though already pretty damn good, got BIGGER (girlfriend noticed too), due to increased blood flow. Had higher drive, more blood flow and then BAM, it just dropped into nothing land.

I am trying 0.25 this time, but my old lady is still recovery from surgery so we haven't had sex in a long time, and won't for a while. We shall see what happens when she is ready (maybe never ? LOL)

The "recovery" has been slow and gradual also. My muscle tone is better, sex drive and capability improved. No doubt in my mind they are connected and I have to give propecia credit for growing hair in my case.