Propecia no regrowth but shedding of miniturized hair &15-20 of thick hair at scalp

devilhunter

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post, and I'm 23 years old. Ive been taking propecia for 6 months now, my regime is as follows:
0.3mg 1 x a week for 2 weeks
0.3mg 2 x a week for 2 weeks
0.3mg 3 x a week for 2 weeks
0.5mg 1 x a week for 2 weeks
0.5mg 2 x a week for 2 weeks
0.5mg 3 x a week for 2 weeks
0.75mg 1 x a week for 2 weeks
0.75mg 2 x a week for 2 weeks
0.75mg 3 x a week for 2 weeks
1mg 3 x a week for 2 weeks
1mg 4 x a week for 2 weeks
1mg 5 x a week for 2 weeks
1mg 6 x a week for 2 weeks
1mg 7 x a week for....
I experienced side effects when I started the treatment; however, they wear off.
In addition, the shedding occurred in a month of so after starting the treatment. On top of that, I used to shed about 40+ hairs every day, my scalp is visible now and there are lot of spots. Moreover, I'm shedding lot of miniaturized hair, in fact, much more than normal hair, I also feel scalp itchiness occasionally . In addition to that, I kept losing about 15-30 hair in the early months, which shows some improvements. Also, there is no regrow whats so ever and I'm considering quiting the medication, since I'm not responding to it in a good way. I should also note that I started weight lifting 5-6 months ago, I don't take any steroids etc, but I take Omega-3 fatty acids and Priorin Extra ( expensive hair vitamins), also I should note that my uncle is the only member in the family ( father's side) who is experiencing male pattern baldness, and my mom!, yes she is losing her hair in a diffuse pattern much similar to me. At last, I should note that Ive taken 4.5 packs of propecia so far ( each has 28 pills or so),and I noticed that almost all of fallen hair have a bigger diameter at base regions.