Propecia loses the war?

RoyalFlush

Reaction score
Hi again.
I have a question pretty simple.
Is it true that after 5 years of using Propecia your hairloss starts again?
:freak:

For the love of god, now im depressed again.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
no everyone is different after 5 years 90 percent of people had same hair or better then they did when they started. the propecia study shows that people at 5 years were still above baseline. gradually the hair counts do slip a bit but very slowly, if you take the graph and push it out to 10 years thats when hair counts would return to baseline. will everyone get 10 years of maintenance no, but there has been a lot of users that continue to be above baseline in 10 years and some users who are below baseline after a year. it all depends on the user but if your young and dont have to aggressive hair loss i think some that starts at 20 can mantain till their 30 then by then im sure there will be a superior treatment to propecia.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
phish said:
no everyone is different after 5 years 90 percent of people had same hair or better then they did when they started. the propecia study shows that people at 5 years were still above baseline. gradually the hair counts do slip a bit but very slowly, if you take the graph and push it out to 10 years thats when hair counts would return to baseline. will everyone get 10 years of maintenance no, but there has been a lot of users that continue to be above baseline in 10 years and some users who are below baseline after a year. it all depends on the user but if your young and dont have to aggressive hair loss i think some that starts at 20 can mantain till their 30 then by then im sure there will be a superior treatment to propecia.

well said.

RoyalFlush

Reaction score
phish said:

Thank you for those encouraging (spelling?) words.
Im only 18 and noticed that im losing hairs.
Ill make Propecia a part of my religion.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
RoyalFlush said:
Hi again.

thats what the study says.

bubka

Reaction score
RoyalFlush said:
Hi again.

no

Curly2bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I started in 2001, since this year I can say I'm over the peak but I think I'm still above baseline. Now this summer I decided to upgrade my regimen by adding nizoral and rogaine...all this is really just to buy time, if we all get an extra 10 years maybe they will have a 100% effective treatment by then.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Curly2bald said:
I started in 2001, since this year I can say I'm over the peak but I think I'm still above baseline. Now this summer I decided to upgrade my regimen by adding nizoral and rogaine...all this is really just to buy time, if we all get an extra 10 years maybe they will have a 100% effective treatment by then.

what sides have you gotten? and do you have any children while on it?