propecia info

worriedmale

Reaction score
hi everyone im new here.
i was wondering if propecia works long term. like will it work for aslong as i take it. i asked my boots pharmacy and she said that it would stop hair loss for aslong as you take it without losing its effect.

also im on number 5 norwood hamilton scale. should it take propecia and will it help me?

thanks.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
worriedmale said:
hi everyone im new here.
i was wondering if propecia works long term. like will it work for aslong as i take it. i asked my boots pharmacy and she said that it would stop hair loss for aslong as you take it without losing its effect.

also im on number 5 norwood hamilton scale. should it take propecia and will it help me?

thanks.

There is no proof that it will work for as long as you take it. Have a look at the results of the propecia trials. Some have maintained what they have for years but begin to slowy decline after that. If you are a norwood five you will probably need to add rogaine in order to see regrowth. You wont go back to a norwood 1 or anything but should regrow a nice amount of hair if you are a good responder.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia inhibits 80-90% of DHT which is the primary cause for male pattern baldness. It will do so for as long as you take it. Now, if you have genes are for very aggressive hairloss, sometime in the future, the little DHT that is left might be enough to kill your hair.

Though, as previous poster said you will also need minoxidil (regaine) for some nice regrowth. Good luck!

worriedmale

Reaction score
thanks
well i do have the agressive genes for hairloss i think. its exactly like my uncle. who lost all his hair at 24. mine started pretty early to at 18.

to be honest it doesnt bother now that much. it effects members of my family more. who feel sorry for me.

im a bit dissapointed becuase my pharmacist told me that i could keep all of my hair that i had now for the rest of my life aslong as i took propecia but that is obviously not the case.

i guess a few more year with my hair matained isnt bad either.