Propecia- For life? PLEASE HELP!

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
As we all know, one wants to use Propecia to combat hairloss, must use it forever or it's bye bye hair. I was just thinking though, has this stuff been out long enough to really determine whether or not it does any bodily harm due to long-term use? How long has it been on the market? What, 6-7 years? Hardly enough time to make sure that long-term use wont cause something like liver failure, cancer etc after say 15 years or so of continuous usage. What if it makes young men more suseptable to impotentence in later life? Will I go limp earlier in life if I'm on this stuff?

I am 22, 23 in May and due to my fast receding hairline and sudden increase of mass shedding, I am REALLY considering Propecia but all those questions above are rattling around in my head. That AND thoughts of the unfortunates who's johnsons have been permanently damaged by the drug. I already have fairly low libido so am I more prone to the sexual defect? I have tried Rogaine without any success so I feel it is time to take the next step but I am scared. Really fuckin scared and just don't know whether or not I should go through with this.

Please give me some advice, friends.

DonLapre

Reaction score
I'm in the same exact sititution but I turn 23 in August. I would say go for the trifecta of propecia nizoral and rogaine. All you have do is take propecia for about a year and see what happens, maybe by then your hair will be much thicker due to the combination. I have a high sex drive, but I am also scared a little about the side effects.

I would suggest eating a diet high in protein and red meat. Intense weight lifting also increasing testosterone, so that couldn't hurt either. Take plenty of vitamins (C and E, etc.) and do cardio excercise. Don't eat fastfood, stop drinking tap water (get bottled water). All these should help you, remember hair is the most important thing...there is always v**** and enyte if you ever need it.... :roll:

Remember I am new to "the game", and we are all in this together.

Stingray

Reaction score
Just someone being overly a***.

Unless your tap water is rusty, it shouldn't hurt you.

G

Intense weight lifting also increasing testosterone, so that couldn't hurt either

Sentence really did not make sense, but If I'm right in determining what you're saying, then you could be really wrong. If you have "THE" genes, increasing your Test levels could be detrimental and speed up balding.

JUDE,

First, finasteride has been around for close to 20 years(I think), and I've read many posts from guys on it for 7 years now to combat hairloss and they seem to be doing fine. As for 15-? years down the line. Well, the human body can technically live without it, but there is the possibilty that scientists are missing something.

This is the way I look at it(been on propecia over 2 years, I'm 25) I sure as hell am not going to be taking this drug all my life and If I start to get serious side-effects I'm cutting it out immediatley. What you have to do is think, SAVE MY HAIR IN MY TWENTIES AT LEAST. Go for that goal. Don't even think long term like that. If you can get to 35, with a nw2 it's all gravy baby. That's even a lot to ask for, because you have to be a good responder first. Get checked out by a docotr regularly if you're concerned. The sooner you start, the more hair you will enjoy.