Propecia Effectiveness and the Propecia Poll. Important!

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Poeple are naturally pessimistic about their hairloss. That being said I am surprised that 50% of the poeple say it has not grown back. The dataset is small but the results do indicate that this is certainly a topic worth discussing.
For me, I am around the one year mark and I had a drastic shed around month 3. Since that time it has grown back and I have pictures to prove it. Now if you had asked me 2 months ago the same question I would have said that only a small amount had grown back.
Here is my opinion. finasteride blocks a large percentage of DHT. Once you start taking the finasteride DHT starts to disappear fromt he hair follicles. The hairs near your hairline are most susceptable to DHT invasion and when the DHT disappears, so don't tha hairs. New hairs are thin but stronger because they are not under constant attack from the androgens they are fighting the DHT. As far as I am concerned, I would have lost most of these hais soon as they were clearly being affected by DHT. At least taking finasteride gave me a shot at saving some of these hairs.