Propecia Data from FDA trials and how it correlates to me.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
I've read allot of posts here that suggest approximentaly 87% of people who take propecia are supposed to maintain their hair based on the data from the fda trials. Recently I've heard that this data is based on how people's vertex responded to the treatment. Is this 87% derived from the people who maintained or improved their crown loss, or their entire head? I've personally had very mixed results with my regimen which if you look at my profile is pretty extensive. I feel my crown has filled in nicely while my hairline has continued to diffuse at it's regular pace. Obviously i'm not very happy at this point because being only 18 I really don't want to be a Norwood 4 by age 20 and realistically I feel this is where I'm heading if this balding persists at the same pace it is now.

Any opinions would be grately appreciated.

Kramer.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Bump,

I know one of you guys must know if the 87% is applicable to the crown or to the entire front of the hair.

Cassin

Reaction score
86% maintain hair on Vertex only.

Of course we can assume it applies to more than that. Otherwise we would have every single poster hear screaming about half a bowling ball head of hair. I for one have frontal loss only. But as you said, the studies were only done on one particular area only. And it stated maintaining as it's basic requirement for success.

Go to

http://www.propecia.com

And have a look at the photo gallery. You can see exactly what they are talking about.