Propecia causing frontal shed / should i stop taking?

to_prevent

Reaction score
I started taking propecia about 2 months ago for diffused thinning on top of my head. Since taking it my hairline has started to receed . This never happened before i started propecia, my hairline was never a problem. On the plus side it has stopped falling out on top. Anyone else experience this type of side effect? why its happening and will it stop? Should i stop taking it or stick with it?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are u an idiot? have even read anything on this site?

Sheding is normal! it's when they grow back thinner or not at all that you may have male pattern baldness,

it takes 4 months to see any effects to propecia

propecia cannot cause your hairline to recced, it was probably already going to happen

stick with propecia for atleast a YEAR, and if there is still no improvement then consider changing products

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
gonna_win said:
are u an idiot? have even read anything on this site?

Sheding is normal! it's when they grow back thinner or not at all that you may have male pattern baldness,

it takes 4 months to see any effects to propecia

Dude take a break from this site if you're getting this aggravated! There are always going to be people who use propecia, shed, panic, and go to an online forum to ask about it. Not everyone is as methodical and diligent about this issue.

If you're going to get pissed though you need a HairLossTalk.com vacation cause there's always going to be posts like this.

MH

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i agree no need to be rude to people we all can panic and want to be reassured sometimes.

to_prevent

Reaction score
Molecular Help said:
There are always going to be people who use propecia, shed, panic, and go to an online forum to ask about it. Not everyone is as methodical and diligent about this issue.

MH

Yeah this pretty much descibes me. Actually, i wanted to troll these forums for hours to get info but i promised myself i wouldnt. Reading a lot of these post causes me to get aggrivated and depressed so i try to stay away.

Anyways, gonna_win answered my question so thanks.

One last question if someone wants to answer. Is all male hairloss caused by male pattern baldness? (except for loss due to stress) Even the normal hairloss associted with aging could be classified as male pattern baldness also right?

kilton

Reaction score
Is it conceivable that Propecia would result in a noticable hairline recession (whether due to a temporary shed or otherwise) after only 2 months?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You people keep forgetting that it takes a solid year(or close to)to see the maximum effects of propecia..........quit worrying about the sheds people.

to_prevent

Reaction score
kilton said:
Is it conceivable that Propecia would result in a noticable hairline recession (whether due to a temporary shed or otherwise) after only 2 months?

Really its not that bad.. But yes it is noticeable (especially cause im looking for it). Its actually been closer to 2 1/2 months really.. And i hesitate to call it sheds cause it dosent look like the hair ive lost is coming back.

I doubt propecia could cause hairline recession on someone it wasnt going to happen to anyways. I'm gonna stick it out for awhile and see what happens.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
to_prevent said:
[quote="Molecular Help":6f450]

There are always going to be people who use propecia, shed, panic, and go to an online forum to ask about it. Not everyone is as methodical and diligent about this issue.

MH

Yeah this pretty much descibes me. Actually, i wanted to troll these forums for hours to get info but i promised myself i wouldnt. Reading a lot of these post causes me to get aggrivated and depressed so i try to stay away.

Anyways, gonna_win answered my question so thanks.

One last question if someone wants to answer. Is all male hairloss caused by male pattern baldness? (except for loss due to stress) Even the normal hairloss associted with aging could be classified as male pattern baldness also right?[/quote:6f450]

Hair loss associated with aging is male pattern baldness, it appears to be that DHT, is used to define a human as a male, developing thing's like hair chest, beard, penis, testicles etc. Also it plays a part in maintaining there existance, once a person is finished puberty there is less use for DHT so it goes to work on attahcing it self to hair's the hair's are then seen by the immune system and they attack it making hair smaller and smaller until u can't see it...........this all appears to be a fault in the human body, well from what i can see it is

ahhhhhhh, i can't wait for the day of nano bots, ill unleash an army of them into my head

'target the DHT' - nono 1

'target aquired' - nano 2

'open fire' - nano 2

'flank them flank them' nano 1

'changing mag' - nano 2

'4 molecules of dht 6 o'clock open fire' - nano 2

'4 molecules elimineted' - nano 1

G

I have noticed over the last week that my front hairline has hit a bit of a rocky road. The right side temple is worse than the left. I can feel a tingly sensation across the hairline. I guess that tells me the hair is falling out because of that feeling.

I hope it's just a shed and that it will get thicker, I remember it did this a few months ago so it seems to be repeating again. The hairline did recover last time as well.

Any thoughts about the tingling sensation...

to_prevent

Reaction score
traxdata said:
Any thoughts about the tingling sensation...

Yeah.. I used to get that itching tingling sensation on my crown. After starting propecia it moved from my crown to my hairline. It seems to be subsiding now. (i hope)