Propecia Beginner

In using Propecia did you notice an initial increase in shedding?

• Total voters

rutgers797

Reaction score
I was kind of hesitant about it, but I began Propecia treatment about 3 weeks ago. I ordered my Propecia from a Canadian Online Pharmacy (onlinecanadameds.com). The medication looks completely genuine, but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of companies sending out fake medication (I'm sure I'm just being completely paranoid about this).

My main concern is that I seem to be shedding hair fairly rapidly at the moment and I do feel a slight decline in libido (initially I had a moderate increase for about the first week). Also, before I started Propecia I didn't seem to be shedding much at all. Can someone please reassure me that this shedding is normal and that my hair will eventually respond positively.

By the way, I am 24 and have been experiencing diffuse thinning since about 19. It's finally getting to the point where it's noticeable, hence my decision to start Propecia. Also, I tried rogaine about 6 weeks ago (for about a week), but I experienced some nasty side effects including waking up with a numb tongue, and just feeling like I was on a weird drug (also it was such a pain to apply).

Good luck everyone!

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
rutgers797 said:
I was kind of hesitant about it, but I began Propecia treatment about 3 weeks ago. I ordered my Propecia from a Canadian Online Pharmacy (onlinecanadameds.com). The medication looks completely genuine, but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of companies sending out fake medication (I'm sure I'm just being completely paranoid about this).

My main concern is that I seem to be shedding hair fairly rapidly at the moment and I do feel a slight decline in libido (initially I had a moderate increase for about the first week). Also, before I started Propecia I didn't seem to be shedding much at all. Can someone please reassure me that this shedding is normal and that my hair will eventually respond positively.

By the way, I am 24 and have been experiencing diffuse thinning since about 19. It's finally getting to the point where it's noticeable, hence my decision to start Propecia. Also, I tried rogaine about 6 weeks ago (for about a week), but I experienced some nasty side effects including waking up with a numb tongue, and just feeling like I was on a weird drug (also it was such a pain to apply).

Good luck everyone!

it's normal en ok! Shedding very common the first couple of months, decrease in libido also. Stick with it and evaluate after a year!

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
rutgers797 said:

Good luck everyone!

by the way, how long did you use revivogen? Did you had any succes?

rutgers797

Reaction score
I only use the revivogen shampoo and conditioner (started about 1 month ago). Do you think it is worth it to use these and Nizoral or not?

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
rutgers797 said:
I only use the revivogen shampoo and conditioner (started about 1 month ago). Do you think it is worth it to use these and Nizoral or not?

Keep the nizoral in your regimen, it's important to keep your scalp healthy. You could drop revivogen if you're going to start propecia, as long as you keep DHT away. Do some search on this site, there's enough info on the products.

rutgers797

Reaction score
My shed seems to have stopped finally. Maybe it's just me or the shampoos I've been using, but my hair looks thicker. Sex drive is better now too. I am at the one month point as of today!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
--Taking dutasteride...

My itch has now gone! Hurray! It was pretty bad, for a while.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Does Nizoral have anything unique that helps hair to grow/be stronger or is it simply about maintaining a healthy dandruff free environment? Point is, what if T-Sal worked better for me at keeping the dandruff under control? Would that suffice? I have Sub Dermatitis and maybe Psoriasis (depending on which derm you ask) and it’s the only thing that works. nizoral didn't seem to help.