Propecia - Anyone on it, and experience no sides?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^ this. if finasteride is working for you, you are living your life and maintaining or growing your hair, not wasting it by posting online. when it begins to not work those guys might come back and make more threads asking if they should up the dose or switch to something else. those who dont respond or who are truly neurotic will stick around and try to augment their regimen

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything people here are saying is exactly true.

Think about it. If you try a product or service, are you more inclined to tell people about how much you love the product or service, or how much you hated it?

I also think that some people on here enjoy freaking others out with their exaggerated and outlandish stories. The only way to tell if you have side effects is by trying it yourself.

glen_jai

Reaction score
All very helpful comments and feedback. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the thread.
I will definitely post back when I start taking it, and let you know how I'm getting on.

Cheers,
Glen

rmalh8

My Regimen
Reaction score
All very helpful comments and feedback. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the thread.
I will definitely post back when I start taking it, and let you know how I'm getting on

Cheers,
Glen

Hav you taken the drug eventually? any updates

glen_jai

Reaction score
Hav you taken the drug eventually? any updates
Sorry for going Awol for such a long time.
I did take end up taking Propecia (branded 1mg finasteride) in 2012 shortly after my last post. I was on it for about 10 months.
My hair seemed to thicken considerably from what I remember (even my sister mentioned my hair looked thicker, and she didn't know I was on it). Unfortunately I did notice a reduced sensation during sex and also found my semen was more watery. Additionally my nipples became more sensitive. That's why I stopped taking it.

I have mainly been on Minoxidil since then, but have recently (about a month ago) stopped that too because I've noticed some wrinkles/ridges forming on my scalp that some people have speculated is due to prolonged use of minoxidil. I started applying jojoba & peppermint oil (4% mix) day and night instead of minoxidil. I do not wash it off after each application.
I can already see that I am starting to lose the small hairs that minoxidil gives me on the top. I will continue for a while longer before considering getting back on Finasteride.