Propecia and receding hairlines

bobblehatbob

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm now 22 and have had a receding hairline since about the age of 17. However, it's receded really slowly - so much so that most people still wouldn't be able to notice that it's receding.

I'm considering starting Propecia - I really don't want to start doing Minioxidil because, frankly, it sounds like way too much hassle.

My quick questions are:
1) Is Propecia effective at stopping just receding hairlines? I'm not all that bothered about reversing the receding - I'm happy just to maintain indefinitely. Will it almost certainly keep all my hair as it is?

2) As a very slow receder, am I more likely to respond well to Propecia?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its still early and slow so youre chanses are good you will keep youre hair on finasterid/propecia. And if it goes 1 year and youre still slowly receding you can think about adding minoxidil or something extra to youre regiment. Get on finasteride ASAP

killbill123

Established Member
Reaction score
bobblehatbob said:
Hey guys,

I'm now 22 and have had a receding hairline since about the age of 17. However, it's receded really slowly - so much so that most people still wouldn't be able to notice that it's receding.

I'm considering starting Propecia - I really don't want to start doing Minioxidil because, frankly, it sounds like way too much hassle.

My quick questions are:
1) Is Propecia effective at stopping just receding hairlines? I'm not all that bothered about reversing the receding - I'm happy just to maintain indefinitely. Will it almost certainly keep all my hair as it is?

2) As a very slow receder, am I more likely to respond well to Propecia?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I'm in the same boat as you....I literally have the prescription in my pocket, but wonder about these things.

Jm0311

Reaction score
well one thing i wouldnt suggest is Revita...ive been trying to use it on my temples for the last 2.5 months or so and my temples are just looking WORSE AND WORSE!!! they were fine before the Revita now the miniaturization is terrible...i think it might be for more Diffuse thinners. Can anyone verify this?

Jm0311

Reaction score
as for the propecia....nothing crazy. just watery semen...and i think my nipples are more sensitive now ...