Propecia and Proscar, the same ?

Reaction score
Now before you veterans FLAME me, I do know that both these products are derived from the same chemical compound, Finasteride.

But I've noticed, after many years of reading hair loss forums, this site and other sites, that there seemed to be a better response from those who take Propecia, instead of cutting Proscar tabs. Also, the number of side effects from those who takes Propecia seem to be less, than those who take 'finasteride' which always means that they go cut up Proscar.

I am currently on Propecia, Dr.Lee's minoxidil compunds, and Nizoral. Have more or less stablized hair loss. I had some temporal shedding early this year, but I think it may have been caused by Accutane. I stopped Accutane, and started again on Dr.Lee's, and I am alright now.

Those who have had no success, or increased shedding on cut proscar, I think will see less of a shed if they switch to Propecia.

Take care.

G

templerecession said:
Now before you veterans FLAME me, I do know that both these products are derived from the same chemical compound, Finasteride.

But I've noticed, after many years of reading hair loss forums, this site and other sites, that there seemed to be a better response from those who take Propecia, instead of cutting Proscar tabs. Also, the number of side effects from those who takes Propecia seem to be less, than those who take 'finasteride' which always means that they go cut up Proscar.

I am currently on Propecia, Dr.Lee's minoxidil compunds, and Nizoral. Have more or less stablized hair loss. I had some temporal shedding early this year, but I think it may have been caused by Accutane. I stopped Accutane, and started again on Dr.Lee's, and I am alright now.

Those who have had no success, or increased shedding on cut proscar, I think will see less of a shed if they switch to Propecia.

Take care.

This is fine as an opinion. As long as you understand that it is totally subjective in natue and you are willing to pay more for the same drug, hey, go to it.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
templerecession said:
I've taken cut finasteride since day 1, have encountered very little shedding and seen typical "propecia-like" success thus far after 6 months.

So, is it fair for me to declare that those who have had no success, or increased shedding on Propecia, I think will see less of a shed if they switch to Proscar.

Maybe. But it really can't be proven either way, so why bother?

jerry grant