propecia and penile damage

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There have been some reports of people using propecia that have developed erectile dysfunction, even after stopping propecias usage, erectile dysfunction was still there. Thats probably due to fibrosis in the tunica albuginea and the corpus cavernosum. That reminds me of the disease called Peyronie's disease, which is curvature of the penis due to fibrosis or in simpler terms scar tissue formation. I found a remedy for the peyronie's disease and it is a combination of Bromelain and Gotu Kola extract. Bromelain is the protein digesting enzyme of pineapple that prevents the deposition of fibrin. Deposition of fibrin is thought to be responsible for the thickening of the fibrous connective tissue in the penis during peyronie's disease. So basically bromelain inhibits fibrosis and I also read that it inhibits TGF-b which is involved in the caspase cascade events involved in male pattern baldness. Looks pretty good so far!! :) For Peyronie's disease, take 750 mgs. of Bromelain 3 times daily on an empty stomach 20 minutes before meals. As for Gotu Kola, the dosage is based upon the concentration of active compounds( triterpenic acids). An effective dosage is 60 mgs. of triterpenic acids twice daily. So when you go to purchase the Gotu Kola extract, you'll have to do your math on that one. It should say the triterpenic acid level on the label somewhere. Gotu Kola supports healing and normal development of connective tissue. It may take up to 6 weeks before you notice any improvements with taking the these supplements.
So for those of you that have penile damage due to propecias use and would like to try and reverse the problem.........give it a whirl. Of course some may want to take this combo to help keep from getting this condition in the first place and also anyone who suffers from peyronies disease might want to try.
This thread is not to scare anyone away from Propecia and that is not my intention. But Propecia has and can have a bad effect on your pecker....................for the unfortunate few that is. I would take the above supplementation as a precautionary measure.............to help prevent it in the first place, but of course nothing is full proof. :)