propecia and libido

nightlife

Reaction score
hey guys ive been on propecia for about 3 weeks now. seems to have had a great effect on my hair, seriously reduced hair loss to a few hairs here and there.

no sides except for....reduced libido and harder to achieve erection.

this has concerned me a great deal,

1. does libido return to normal if continuing treatment?
2. does reducing the dosage help to boost libido? im going to reduce to taking 1mg every other day instead of every day...should this help?
3. what is the best non harmful supplement that could help boost libido?

i dont want to stop taking it as it IS working but i also want my libido back too!

thanks in advance

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
It works - even when you orgasm you are quickly hungry for more ime. So not only did libido increase but I was able to have sex more frequently.

I should note I took it for its effects on reducing bodyfat at first but after noting its other effects can highly recommend it.

A bottle lasts for upto a year or more so its not really that expensive imo - you would take 0.5mg twice a week because it has a 69 hr half life.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
My recommendation is to not start popping more pills.

GIve your body time, say another month and you'll notice the side effects dissipitate.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m no expert and have only my own experiences to draw from, however...
I would use caution when listening to some on this board about waiting it out. Sure 3 weeks is too soon to tell, but when I was asking questions in the same place you are, advice was to wait it out, 3 weeks, 3 months, a year.... They’re crazy. If your body doesn’t adjust within a couple of months just stop. My endo said 3 weeks but I think everyone’s body is different. Cutting down didn’t work for me and I’ve still got ED/low libido over three months after quitting. Trust your instincts and get some blood tests along the way.