Propecia and intro and bodybuilding

G-10

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm 24 years old and took propecia for a month before quitting, however I am considering taking it again. I have experienced fairly rapid hair loss in the last four years, and in addition, do actually have quite an enlarged prostate for a person of my age. In the month that I took propecia, I experienced no side effects and only quit because after reading all I could, I concluded that not enough long term studies had been conducted to determine it was safe for long term use. I don't consider a two year study to be adequate for a medication that has to be taken for decades. Anyway, while taking propecia, my sexual function actually improved quite dramatically (felt like I was 18 again) and my urinary problems ceased. So I would like to take it again, but am wondering what affect propecia will have on muscle gains at the gym? I have searched all I can, and can find no REAL evidence to suggest it will worsen or improve muscle gain. I don't totally understand the importance of DHT in the muscle building process, if there is any at all. Can someone out there fill me in with the FACTS? I would also like to hear experiences of people who go to the gym who use propecia. By the way, my hair loss and prostate problems are NOT the result of using steroids or testerone boosters of any kind. I have never, and will never touch any of these. My supplementation is limited to a general protein powder and L-glutamine for those who are interested.

Cheers,

Greg.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
The increase in sex drive during the first month is normal because of an increase in Testosterone. It's the body's way of trying to reach equalibrium again. You would've probably lost that extra libido and then some if you had've stayed with it another month.

So I would like to take it again, but am wondering what affect propecia will have on muscle gains at the gym? I have searched all I can, and can find no REAL evidence to suggest it will worsen or improve muscle gain. I don't totally understand the importance of DHT in the muscle building process, if there is any at all

I too have'nt been able to find anything solid on this subject. A lot of people however notice increases in bodyfat and a little weight gain. A lack of dht seems to effect different people in different ways.

thicker

Reaction score
G-10--Propecia has been around under the name of Proscar since the 80s. That's pretty long term--certainly longer that the 2 yrs you speak of. Also I have been on it for 2 years and no problem with growing muscle at the gym. I'm the strongest I've ever been.

incognito

Reaction score
Add me to the list that is interested in this topic. I have been on finasteride for only 12 days now, but I don't notice any difference in weight even though its still early. Even if it did add a little body fat, that would help in weight lifting because you can turn that into muscle.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
incognito said:
Even if it did add a little body fat, that would help in weight lifting because you can turn that into muscle.

Bodybuilding 101 : There's no possible way to change fat into muscle.

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
BHD be cool fool I saw ur pics ur not that bad homie. Think Im worse than you... wanna hair battle???? LOL

Ok I have been on finasteride for almost 7 months.. Im a bodybuilder. No side effects cept for my nads hurting in month 4 for a lil bit. I can get it up by thinking of a hottie no problem... Others havent had such luck but i have always been a horny lil f-u-c-k. I supp with Creatine, ARGINIE, NO2, Whey Protein Powerd,Glutimine and HMB. All in cycles and Im not on anything yet I took off for 5 months due to a Tendonitis of my elbow and shoulder. Been hittin the gym and doin some road work for 1 month now. 6ft 1 215 lbs Have pics on Brianbreak123@yahoo.com if ur intrested.

Pce Brian

G

BadHairDecade said:
incognito said:
Even if it did add a little body fat, that would help in weight lifting because you can turn that into muscle.

Bodybuilding 101 : There's no possible way to change fat into muscle.

Fat is just an excess of calories. It has a ton of potential to fuel muscle growth. But fat itself does not turn into muscle. You have to burn all that excess calories(which is energy) to slim down.