Propecia after transplant?

G

I would like to know that do people need to take propecia regularly after hairtransplant to prevent more heir lost?

G

If you have any natural hair subject to DHT, then yes we keep taking the meds or you will continue to lose. You don't need Propecia for the transplanted hair because it is terminal hair, meaning resistant to DHT.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi

I started finasteride about 2 months before having hair transplant, I am 8 months in now and I think it is helping to slow any further hairloss

did it

Reaction score
buzz686 said:
I would like to know that do people need to take propecia regularly after hairtransplant to prevent more heir lost?
I HAD A TRANSPLANT IN JANUARY ,2800 GRAFS,DR BERNSTEIN.NY,SO FAR IM THRILLED AT HIS WORK[STAFF TOO IS EXCELLENT],,I STARTED TAKING PROSCAR IN DECEMBER ,I JUST GOT OFF IT DUE TO SIDE EFFECTS,BUT I DID DO POSITIVE FOR MY HAIR.AND IM HAPPY THE SIDES WENT AWAY.

G

did it,

Congrats on your result. Were you cutting Proscar into four pieces? Did you tryntaking it every other day or evrey third day? You might want to consider trying that instead of not taking it at all.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did it,

I went through having sides for the first 3-4 months, so I started cutting the proscar pills into 1/5ths (well nibbling off the top and cutting the rest into q's) and seem to be ok now

Lucky

PS Thanks Gillenator :)