Progress with Rogaine 5%

Shielded

Reaction score
Hey,

Been trying different things, Dutasteride and Propecia for around 6 months, alternating doses. Quit them both and started Rogaine 5% twice a day in the beginning of July. I am a 3V on the male pattern baldness scale, just got a buzz cut today and my receding hairline has filled in....you can see in the pics below where I used to not really have hair...it has started filling in real nice. Gonna continue with Rogaine 5% twice a day and see where that takes me. Top of my head has also thickened up and new hair has grown. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, there is Rogaine on my head in these pics and it makes the hairs stick together so the hair on my head looks thinner than it really is...forgot to comb after the 15 minutes to make it look normal again.

Hair01.jpg

Hair02.jpg

Hair03.jpg

Hair04.jpg

[/img]

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you kidding? where is the Norwood 3V?
were you 3V before the treatment or you call this Norwood 3V?

I think that at the worst you are only a Norwood 2

Shielded

Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't sure, but I also have a light bald spot on the back of my head which Rogaine also filled in (pics don't show it, obviously).

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
f*** sh*t man...that si fuckin amazing...you have almost filled up like an inch of hair...and that too in less than too months...

I will disagree with techprof...you look like at the max a Norwood 1.

I have been on Min for 3 months and theres nuthin but more body hair...

Great going dude...very happy for you..

G

where are the before pics?

all four pics look like there's no hair loss at all haha

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ur hair looks good right now, wud be good if u cud put up sum before pictures tho.

yeh, u can see the temples lightening, i dont beleive minoxidil alone is a good idea, i wud say its a temporary solution which will not keep on progressing in most people. id get back on propecia and give it another go, or using a topical dht blocker. u need to be blocking dht, as this is the primary cause of balding, and minoxidil does not block this.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great stuff, man, congratulations.

Beginning of July - that's, like, just two months. Don't people ask you what's going on at your temples? Just grin at 'em for us all.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats man...... I too had similar results w/ 5% minoxidil at the two month mark. I had the island formation going on and within two months you couldn't even notice I had it.

Not to damper your hopes or anything, but improvements since then have been minimal to none. But that just might be only me though.

Shielded

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone. Sorry, I don't have any before pictures. Basically, before using the Rogaine, my hairline on my forehead was shaped in a semi-circle but in the pictures after my most recent haircut, you can see the hairline is much more even, almost straight. In the pics on the left and right sides of my forehead where the hair is thinnest, there used to be little or no hair....hair started to fill in, then grow, then color up, finally to the point where it reshaped my hairline. It's really hard to notice any progress until I get a haircut where I get to see the development of the hairline.

Nobody has really commented, I'd say I caught the hair loss pretty early which really helped me help myself in the matter. I stopped the Propecia and Dutasteride only because I think the Rogaine 5% will do a sufficient job for a while. I don't want to introduce anything more that will mess up my dick. If/when the need comes up, I'll go back on Propecia.

I'll keep these pictures up and post pictures up in a few more months to see if there is any more progress. :)