Process To Fix/redo The Whole Hairline On Lace System?

JasonM

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and got my Swiss lace system (poly on back and sides) a couple of weeks ago. The advice from the forum users has been immensely helpful so far. I've opted for a cheap piece directly from China to try and see if I'll get used to the piece and the process of managing it. (I can write another post about my experience, but I'll say I'm quite happy except for the stock piece being a little too big for my head, so I'm getting creases in the lace...)

I'm using Ghostbond XL for attaching the front lace. On the first try the hairline seemed ok for maybe two days, and after that the hairline is obvious to see, glue gets dirty and the lace is easy to distinguish, even further back where there is more hair. The lace gets some coloration maybe due to glue detaching, glue residue, or it just gets dirty. Can't really say yet what's going on. First I had about 3mm extra lace on the hairline, but cut most of it off during the last cleanup. It's a lot better now, and the edge stays nicer looking, but the glue is sticky and dust and dirt will get on it easily.

See the photos. The other is after 2-3 nights of wear with too much extra lace, and the other is fresh install today.

Is it possible to detach the whole front, maybe half an inch from the hairline, clean it, and glue on again? Or is there a some other way to clean and touch up the hairline to make it look like recently attached again? For me a couple of days seem to make a huge difference already. Plus, so far every time I've taken a shower, some part of the hairline has come off, so anyway I need to add some glue with a toothpick.

What's the best process for keeping the hairline clean, and doing a reattach of the hairline without removing the whole piece? Any tips from more experienced lace system users are appreciated.

Any other advice? I've tried to read the forum a lot, but I know I've just started learning...

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 185

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For starters, it looks like you need to trim the lace nearer the hair itself. But I'll let someone else tell you that for sure.

Secondly this guy has a few videos on this..

Just make sure you have the right stuff first!

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats in your DYI ! Looking good. Good decision in cutting the extra lace.
Noah had posted an excellent thread on how to clean up front lace. I know the search option sucks but try searching here.

As for tricks, here are mine. As I have a white exposed hairline, dirty hairline shows a lot..when dirty, i use a tip soaked in alcool and remove the dirt without too much pressure. When pressing down the lace, use clean tools ( comb, brush, etc) and clean fingers.
To keep lace clean during sleep which represent many hours a week, I use a nylon net, similar to use used by women who wear wigs. They use this over their real hair,prior to put the wig on. In my case it helps in not having a mess in the morning, keep hairline clean and snug, and also prevents rubbing in the top and I glue perimeter only.
So you know exposed hairline is much more maintenance...not unusual to have to touch up after 3 days..
Also note that ghostbond lift after shower is normal and that blow drying glue a bit helps...just push lace back in position...

Hope this helps