problem with rogaine foam

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bought 3 months supplies, and the first can lost the ability to make foam (just shoots out liquid) halfway through, now the second one has done the same. I'm presume the third one will. It doesn't apply very well when it's liquid and I don't know what the equivalent amount of non foam liquid to use. Anyone else having this problem?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol how old r u that u dont understand u must build up the pressure inside the can by shaking it

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
How old are you not to know what the hell you're talking about? The stuff already has plenty of pressure! That's not the issue - we want to know if shaking it up affects the consistency so that the foam doesn't turn to liquid half way throught the can. (Moron)

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
about 2 days ago my bottle started doing that too, i shook it as much as i could but it didnt help, then it ran out this morning... i thought i just had a defective bottle, but now there are other people reporting it so who knows..

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
lol how old r u that u dont understand u must build up the pressure inside the can by shaking it

It actually works worse when I shake it. my original bottle that is half full, has no propellant left in it. nothing squirts out anymore.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ryand2 said:
about 2 days ago my bottle started doing that too, i shook it as much as i could but it didnt help, then it ran out this morning... i thought i just had a defective bottle, but now there are other people reporting it so who knows..

Both of my bottles have done this. the first bottle, which I stopped using, I hoped the problem would have fixed it self, now NOTHING comes out of it despite it being half full... THe second one shoots out liquid only, no foam.

KR78

Established Member
Reaction score
thats kinda scary story :freaked: I have might get my 3 month supply anytime hopefully it works well

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KR78 said:
thats kinda scary story :freaked: I have might get my 3 month supply anytime hopefully it works well

I sent a comment to rogaine's website, hopefully they'll reply or realize there may be something wrong with the product. Other than that issue, I love it. No more dandruff, it doesn't make your hair nasty. I'll use it over the Dr. lee stuff for sure, even if it doesn't have the extras in it. But if you can only use half a bottle, you're going to waste a lot of money with that stuff. Drugstore.com has a great deal on it now, it's $37.99 for a 3 pack. I spent $50 or so on ebay thinking that was a great deal, ahah.

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
happened to me too, about halfway through now its only shooting liquid, what i do is still hold the button down for the same time as i did for the foam, that way i guess it roughly is the same amount

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairfin said:
happened to me too, about halfway through now its only shooting liquid, what i do is still hold the button down for the same time as i did for the foam, that way i guess it roughly is the same amount

I think it's more concentrated as the liquid, and doesn't dry as well. the air is what adds volume (foam), so you're wasting product if you have no foam.

I got a response from pfizer, and they said they're sending me a mailer to return the product so that they can replace it. I think if enough people emailed them about the problem, they might look into actually fixing it.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm sure a foam could spread it much further using less alcohol, but I still don't see why it would not get over all the hair as well. The vehicle just not sticky? Too bad we don't know the effectiveness. Yeah, I remember when I bought minoxidil 5% for $39.99 for 3 and thought I was getting a deal. Now it is $18, and costco is cheaper.