Price??

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think the price for FM is gonna be like? You think upward of 20 grand? :freaked:

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
20 grand would definitly be worth it for a permanent full head of hair.. woudlnt you say? i think i would even pay like 70 k for a perfected HM procedure!! haha yea i really want to beat this male pattern baldness thing as you can tell!!

that and im fricking crazy

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know, i just turned 21 and my hair looks awful but in 5-10 years, i dont know if I'd pay 20k. I mean, I guess it depends on my situation and stuff then. Who knows.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, i'd probably pay 20 grand for a perfect head of hair and to never have to worry about it again. Financing it of course -- i'm sure they'll have 5+ year finance plans.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
for me, money is a non issue. not because i have lots of it, but because this is just that important to me. superficial but true. i would rather drive a piece of sh*t care, and have a full head. PM darkly charming about costs though, he had some estimates, i think it was based on how much you transplanted, and i know the highest price was 36,000 dollars for like 15,000 hairs.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent, I couldn't agree with you more. It may sound vain, but you couldn't put a price on this for me. I would rather have a bicycle (or a bus pass :lol: ) and keep all the hair I got.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
So what do you guys think the price on this is gona be around for a full head of hair? 20 K, 30 K, is there any way to have a mildly accurate estimate? or is it just pointless to guess at this point?

2young

Reaction score
It's more or less all speculation at this point. It will have to be competitive with hair transplantation price-wise though. hair transplants can give a NW5 a reasonably full head of hair for ~$20000-$30000, so HM probably won't cost a whole lot more than that.

I think though, that once they get it perfected and its been out for a while, it will cost less than hair transplants do, because the actual procedure is less complicated and invasive. Taking the sample and culturing the cells will consume more time on a per patient basis, but hundreds or thousands of patients can be done simultaneously, and the culturing would be done by lab techs whose salaries are much lower than an MD's is. The injection process should take less time and effort on the part of the doctor than transplants too. I imagine dermatologists and regular plastic surgeons could do HM injections, without being as specialized as regular hair transplant doctors are now.

Of course, this is really all just my opinion. I don't have any idea what may happen. Costs may be outrageous initially, because a lot of very desperate, very bald men might be willing to pay a lot of money for the procedure, which will initially be done by only a few doctors, but once a lot of doctors are doing it, and a lot of patients have had it done, prices should be reasonable.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
2young said:
Taking the sample and culturing the cells will consume more time on a per patient basis, but hundreds or thousands of patients can be done simultaneously, and the culturing would be done by lab techs whose salaries are much lower than an MD's is.

I don't think so cuz the cells cloned have to match your hair, they cant just be some random hairs cultured for the masses. If your body doesnt recognize the hair it will reject it. Or so i've read.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they take the sample out from the back of your head , use YOUR cells and multiply them.. then inject YOUR cells back into YOUR head.. you cant use anyone elses cells or your body will reject them.[/b]

2young

Reaction score
What I meant was, they take the sample from your head then they take it to the lab, culture the cells, and inject them. There's no reason they can't have a lot of cultures going on at once. I didn't mean they would just grow vast quantities of generic cells and have them on hand.