Powderdreamer´s story!

powderdreamer

Reaction score
hi guys,

first of all, this is a great site about hairloss and what can be done against it! thanks to HairLossTalk.com to create this site for us!

i started to lose hair 10 months ago and i´ve alrady been on propecia for 3 1/2 months.

i freaked out and that´s because i´ve had some hard years, after a period of a panic anxiety and sort of have not been able to live my young years to the fullest, i´m 25 now. i had just begun to seeing hope in the future when this happended and as you probably understand, it made me once again sort of depressed than the opposite.

i have lost hair on my temples and are now looking for a simple and nice regimen to do every day.

after reading some of the stuff in here i have now bought nizoral wich i didn´t use before. i started also to use minoxidil 5 % but it feels way too much to have to do that every single day compared to eat a pill like propecia every day.

what do you guys think of my regimen?!:

propecia 1mg once a day
nizoral 1% every 3rd day
b-vitamine complex every day
green tea capsules every day

i have a couple of questions however:

1) when not using nizoral, can i then the other days use schampoos like thoose from http://www.toniandguy.co.uk with a good result for my scalp or do i need to use more fight-hairloss-schampoos?

2) i would like to try to regrow my temples and from what i´ve read propecia isn´t likely to do so. should i this early add minoxidil or wait 6 moths or so before adding rogaine to my regimen? my biggest concern is that they might become worse and then i won´t be able to regrow them back.

3) do i need lotions?

i have seen that some people use so many products that it feels like i´ve missed out on some.

i will soon try to add some pictures and when i have a good regimen to stick to, i will notify about my progress.

so far i haven´t seen any regrowth but my hands are definitely not full of hair while schampoo and styling like it was before. it might be my wish and imagination or perhaps propecia does it´s job.

thanks for reading and good luck to you all!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Powerdreamer,

First of all you have got it early, could of been much worse...its amazing how long people can stay in the denial stage, personally i was there about 2 years!

Your regimen sounds smart. Minoxidil is a good product and good for regrowing temples. You should stay on your listed regimen for 6 months, adding nothing else unless needed. Sounds like you are having an easy time on the propecia. Alot of people at month 3 are shedding alot and positive it will not work for them.

In answer to some of your questions, it is fine to use other "non hairloss shampoos" along with nizoral. Do not worry about the lotions at this stage, most people who have them do so because A, they do not want to use propecia, B, they feel they need more to their regimen, or C, they are experienced hairloss fighters adding a few new products to the mix to maximise hair growth or/and quality. There will be plenty of time for you to amend your regimen as you see fit in the future.

Any other queries feel free to fire away 8)

powderdreamer

Reaction score
thanks for the reply!

i have one question regarding nizoral and that is if it really does matter if i use nizoral 1% instead of 2%?

also, any given product that contains Ketoconazol will work fine or does nizoral have a different formula than the other shampoos containing this?

i have read deGaulle´s story and it´s great to see that you can manage fine with just using nizoral and propecia.

thanks to this site i found out about nizoral and that you should use it together with propecia. the information that follows with propecia doesn´t mention anything about changing "hair-routines".

thanks for taking your time to answer me! =) i still feel some bit worried that i don´t have enough to fight this thing but i guess time will make me more calmer when everything starts to work.

Petchsky

Reaction score
You can either use the 1% or 2%... up to you. I prefer the 2% just because its stronger and more effective. I suppose you could use any shampoo that had its main ingrediant in, but i have not seen many.

Follow your set regimen for 6 months and carry on researching while your at it. Be useful if you can take pictures even just for yourself... i wish i had, so i'm passing it on.

One more tip.... rotate and use different shampoos..don't overuse nizoral and always use a conditioner afterwards

powderdreamer

Reaction score
http://www.internationalhairstudio.com

hi everyone,

i´m not sure if someone will read this since my story is posted since long.

this is a company in sweden, i´ve seen their ad´s in several magazines but until now i haven´t been visiting their site. when i did i got somewhat optimistic!

http://www.internationalhairstudio.com

i´m now on month 9 with propecia, getting started around 7 months after starting to lose hair on my temples. no re-growth yet!

i´m not taking any pills any longer more than propecia, and using nizoral 2-3 times a week, with some other good non-hairloss shampoos.

what minerals is good to take? as i said before, i did take several pills but i thought i got on the wrong track using them since i didn´t really know wich pills that were really good to use.

have a nice day,
powderdreamer

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think that company is going to do wonders. Laser treatment is an old story with limited success.