Post your shed experiance from Propecia

Dreamatek

Reaction score
I thought that this could help some of us that are going through the rough stage of shedding.

How long did it take before you noticed Propecia was making your hair shed?
Were you already shedding hair everyday before you got on Propecia?
How much was the shed increase or guess in daily count?
Did your hair overall your head shed or just in one area?
When did the bad shedding stop and how long did it last?

Add anything else that could be of help.

Me;
Was shedding 40+ a day before Propecia
First 2 weeks on Propecia the shedding dropped to 30+
The 3rd week to the 9th week shedding went to 50+
The 10th for one week went down to 10+ a day
The 11th week to the 13th week 80-100+
The shedding is all on top of my head, lost a third of my hair in the past 3 months. No sign of new growth yet. Hair growth has slowed down.

I know everyone's diferent, but let's hear what other's have gone through in this post. Thanks.

Stingray

Reaction score
i didn't shed at all on it.

Now minoxidil is a different story.

hope is near

Reaction score
Stingray said:
i didn't shed at all on it.

Now minoxidil is a different story.

Did you get good results?

I read it also has spironolactine and other stuff.

How much did it cost you and did you need a perscription before you can order it?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Never shed on propecia.

In fact, even though I've been slowly but steadily losing hair for 10 years, my shedding had naturally slowed down prior to going on propecia. I attribute that mainly to the fact that since I lost much density, there was simply less shedding that could numerically occur due to less hair available to shed.

Keep in mind that I'm a slow sufferer of male pattern baldness. Been losing it since age 20, now 31 and still pretty much a nw2.5 with just diffuse density loss.

People with very aggressive male pattern baldness usually have a worse time with shedding.

dmeister

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether, in fact, this is a "shedding phase," or simply an acceleration of hairloss? I had increased "shedding" on Propecia, but never grew the lost hair back (even after a year).