Post Finasteride Syndrome?? Help Required

messedup

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your story. Sounds very similar to mine. I only took the poison 15 days, and didn't crash until about 6 weeks off. 7 months later and nothing has resolved except for sleep problems. I've tried just about everything short of more pharmaceuticals.

I would be careful about taking too much Zinc. It is a 5ar2 inhibitor just like finasteride.

Hope things get better for you.

combover

Reaction score
messedup said:
Sorry to hear your story. Sounds very similar to mine. I only took the poison 15 days, and didn't crash until about 6 weeks off. 7 months later and nothing has resolved except for sleep problems. I've tried just about everything short of more pharmaceuticals.

I would be careful about taking too much Zinc. It is a 5ar2 inhibitor just like finasteride.

Hope things get better for you.

sorry to hear your story too - what symptoms did/do you have?

is there anything you have done that makes you feel like you have made progress?

combover

Reaction score
messedup - hope you don't think i am prying, but i read through your previous posts and we seem to have very similar issues now. mine, in the main, are:

* no morning erections (since starting propecia and contniuing once off it)
* one testicle bigger than other (was always the case but not to current extent)
* lots and lots of new veins on penis and testicles, penis seems to be thinner when soft but similar size as normal when erect
* slightly left-leaning penis (this, touch wood - pardon the pun - doesn't seem as bad to me as initially)
* erections - can get erections but mostly through intercourse, but struggle elsewhere. these are, in the main, solid, but sometimes are a bit less so (80-90%).

also feel slight lack of muscle definition in body in general (maybe due to lack of exersize for 3 weeks or so).

whereas i don't doubt that these are certainly serious issues and i will do all i can to solve the problem, i do think they can be accentuated by your mental state and frame of mind, which is obviously a very powerrful muscle. i will know as well as anyone on here, though, how very difficult it is waking up every morning and worrying about these things the second you wake up and trying to deal with them.

of course, expecting help off your local gp, etc, is a futile task.

best of luck to you in your quest for answers and solutions.

Ende

Reaction score
combover said:
I just read this from Dr Crisler in the 'BBC Coverage' message:

Of note, using estrogen lowering drugs/supplements to increase testosterone is a huge mistake. They are very bad for Lipid Profile, bone mineral density, brain function, endothelial function, etc. That is what happens when you lower estrogen too far.

Isn't that what I am doing by 50mg of zinc per day?

I have been on for nearly 2 weeks now, and no morning erections, and erections during sex have felt a bit weeker in the last 2/3 days?
I don't agree with Dr. Crisler. AI's are our most important tool, and zinc treatment is recommended by Dr. Shippen.

Ende

Reaction score
messedup said:
They've done some experimenting with around 150 mg zinc a day, and found out that it reduced prostate symptoms in some cases, but not nearly enough to advocate such high dosage for a couple of months, which may even be toxic. It's a much stronger aromatase inhibitor than reducatse inhibitor, and it doesn't compare to saw palmetto, finasteride and dutasteride.