Possible fake RU58841 and a call to other Ru users

oddmood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hy, I bought Ru powder from actifolic.com and dissolved in the classic ethanol/pg vehicle at 5% concentration. Out of convenience, I was using ru and minoxidil at the same time, by mixing 1ml of each and applying it on my head. After a few uses, I noticed that the dried residue that remains on my pipette was totally different than the usual powder-like that minoxidil leaves behind, this was more like sugar crystals, it clearly changed the way and the rate at which minoxidil dries.
So, I decided to see how Ru alone would dry. I used 0.5 ml left at room temperature for 12 h. The result is in the above picture.

The residue does not look like powder but more like a dried paste, or glue. It does not wash off easily with water or soap/shampoo, not even with gentle scraping. I have to use 96% alcohol to dissolve it. Someone mentioned it could be the alcohol interacting with the plastic container, so over the next few days I used classic minoxidil solution, 70% rubbing alcohol, and 96% alcohol without any drug to see if somehow the alcohol "melts" or interacts with the plastic. None of the above leaves that kind of unwashable residue behind.

I kindly ask for those have Ru to try and recreate what I did, apply 0.5ml of Ru (classic vehicle or dissolved in rubbing alcohol) on a hard piece/container of plastic (black would be the best for contrast) and leave it for 6-12 h, if it's still wet, gently rub it your finger to spread it a bit and leave it for another 1h. Take a picture then try to wash off it water see if it washes off.

Of, course this is not a way to check purity of your Ru, I just want to see if Ru from other suppliers behaves in the same way. This could indicate that some of them are not selling Ru or it's mixed with something else.

norton

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see residue on the top of my bottle after taking the cap but it comes off easy and I’m sure my ru is good. I’ve been using my supplier for a while now, there is a group of us that buy from him.

jjoshh8

Established Member
Reaction score
Hy, I bought Ru powder from actifolic.com and dissolved in the classic ethanol/pg vehicle at 5% concentration. Out of convenience, I was using ru and minoxidil at the same time, by mixing 1ml of each and applying it on my head. After a few uses, I noticed that the dried residue that remains on my pipette was totally different than the usual powder-like that minoxidil leaves behind, this was more like sugar crystals, it clearly changed the way and the rate at which minoxidil dries.
So, I decided to see how Ru alone would dry. I used 0.5 ml left at room temperature for 12 h. The result is in the above picture.

The residue does not look like powder but more like a dried paste, or glue. It does not wash off easily with water or soap/shampoo, not even with gentle scraping. I have to use 96% alcohol to dissolve it. Someone mentioned it could be the alcohol interacting with the plastic container, so over the next few days I used classic minoxidil solution, 70% rubbing alcohol, and 96% alcohol without any drug to see if somehow the alcohol "melts" or interacts with the plastic. None of the above leaves that kind of unwashable residue behind.

I kindly ask for those have Ru to try and recreate what I did, apply 0.5ml of Ru (classic vehicle or dissolved in rubbing alcohol) on a hard piece/container of plastic (black would be the best for contrast) and leave it for 6-12 h, if it's still wet, gently rub it your finger to spread it a bit and leave it for another 1h. Take a picture then try to wash off it water see if it washes off.

Of, course this is not a way to check purity of your Ru, I just want to see if Ru from other suppliers behaves in the same way. This could indicate that some of them are not selling Ru or it's mixed with something else.

Buy RU from Bob