Poly visible at hairline (first hairsystem!)

irishguy1989

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m currently 1 week into my first hair system and looking for advice :)

For the most part i’m over the moon with the result but i’m noticing that some of poly is visible on the front hairline even when I sweep the hair forward and to the side.

Is there anything i’m doing wrong or is there anything I can do to avoid this in terms of styling?

cheers!

Attachments

• DADAB4EC-F901-488B-8416-6D751FD699FA.jpeg
    DADAB4EC-F901-488B-8416-6D751FD699FA.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 247

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might be missing something here but I can't see the poly? There are some hairs swept across the hairline so maybe try combing those away.

Otherwise what you might be seeing is that the v-loops with dark hair are not so realistic.

M1991

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m currently 1 week into my first hair system and looking for advice :)

For the most part i’m over the moon with the result but i’m noticing that some of poly is visible on the front hairline even when I sweep the hair forward and to the side.

Is there anything i’m doing wrong or is there anything I can do to avoid this in terms of styling?

cheers!

I believe no one is going to see it. People are not as focused on our hair as we are. Even if they look to your hairline no one is going to think that it's a hair system. Maybe only the people who wair a hair system themselves. Even then I think they don't see it.

irishguy1989

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe no one is going to see it. People are not as focused on our hair as we are. Even if they look to your hairline no one is going to think that it's a hair system. Maybe only the people who wair a hair system themselves. Even then I think they don't see it.
Thanks! Yeah i think most people hopefully wouldn't notice. My friend who knows I had a hairsystem mentioned that she could see 'a line' when I first got the system but I think that was because the glue was kind of white (which I've since fixed).

I did notice a few eyes glancing up to that area when I went to a wedding a few days after getting the system (I was standing close to alot of people for long periods of time) so there was something catching people's eyes on the left handside of the hairline.

Since then I style the hairline differently (where it's mostly down and not overly styled) and use less product like in the photo below.
image0 (1).jpeg

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Otherwise what you might be seeing is that the v-loops with dark hair are not so realistic.

I think that's what's up.
When you say you can see the poly, I don't think you're referring to the front edge but rather to the little bit of exposed "scalp" in the first photo, which reveals the V-loops.

If you order a blonde piece and color it dark, it wouldn't be an issue to have breaks in the hair where the poly scalp is visible, and would only enhance the realism. There's probably a thread on here detailing how to do this.

M1991

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah i think most people hopefully wouldn't notice. My friend who knows I had a hairsystem mentioned that she could see 'a line' when I first got the system but I think that was because the glue was kind of white (which I've since fixed).

I did notice a few eyes glancing up to that area when I went to a wedding a few days after getting the system (I was standing close to alot of people for long periods of time) so there was something catching people's eyes on the left handside of the hairline.

Since then I style the hairline differently (where it's mostly down and not overly styled) and use less product like in the photo below.View attachment 168044

Since then I style the hairline differently (where it's mostly down and not overly styled) and use less product like in the photo below.View attachment 168044
Well done, it looks great!