Poly Rim Front ? Advantages And Disadvantages

munt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi to all.

Please can anybody explain the what are the Advantages and disadvantages to a Poly Rim on a lace system front .

Tc
Munt

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Easier to apply and remove tape or glue from it rather than lace in my experience.
My poly is 1-2.5cm behind the front hairline.

munt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Grincher

Thanks for the reply that`s the Advantages any disadvantages ?

Munt

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Grincher

Thanks for the reply that`s the Advantages any disadvantages ?

Munt

Poly is more visible than lace might be if not covered fully by the hair. Also it's more obvious to the touch if someone was to run their fingers through your hair.

I have gone for all swiss lace on my next piece but I wish I had gone for poly rim. Ease of maintenance is a key factor for me.

munt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi deg_dilemma

Thanks for the reply so its more for the maintenance side than undetectability.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At thinner densities or if lace front cut back it can be visible under certain light.

I have found liquid glue on lace a nightmare to clean

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At thinner densities or if lace front cut back it can be visible under certain light.

I have found liquid glue on lace a nightmare to clean

But glue on front seems to be what everyone recommends for the most undetectable hairline.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I use french lace front with poly sides and back. Clean up the lace front is easy with Walker Lace release.

Last edited:

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tape or glue?

Is the lace visible on the front hairline or can you slick the hair back and look natural?
You can see my hairline photos in my profile. I use Walker Lace Front Support Blue tape (very strong) for both sides , back and Walker Ultra Hold for the front hairline (sometime I use Ghost Bond too). It was easy to remove all the residue if l wear it for over a week.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use tape a couple of cm behind the hairline, and just use glue at the front. The cleanup is very easy (except it is a PITA when the glue gets in the hair).