Pollution sends men bald...

dokomo

Reaction score
Pollution sends men bald.

Men living in polluted areas are more likely to go bald than those breathing cleaner air, a new study suggests.

The ground breaking research, by academics at the University of London, has linked the onset of male pattern baldness, to environmental factors, such as air pollution and smoking.

The scientists believe toxins and carcinogens found in polluted air can stop hair growing by blocking mechanisms that produce the protein from which hair is made. Baldness is known to be hereditary, but the new research suggests that environmental factors could exacerbate hair loss.

michael barry

Reaction score
diet in polluted industrialized areas (urban) is probably a hell of alot bigger factor than pollution. I think this is junk science par excellance. Every miner in a coal mine would be bald.............both male and female, if this was true, but we know thats not so. I know people who work in automotive painting, who breath in tons of solvents and are in a very chemically hazardous polluted job...........with full heads of hair in their fifties with no recession whatsoever.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
To me, this kinda thing is common sense.

Just like poor lifestyle in terms of junk food and lack of exercise ages you faster. Its common sense people!

You don't need scientific evidence to know these things that you already know and suspect.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
However you still see people refuting it.

Look no one said it was the deciding factor, hope that is clear.

However it is guaranteed to have an effect no matter your genetics.

So your hair count will be less than what it could be good genetics or not.

For instance MB if think you set a very poor example, sure I even see bodybuilders that use all kinds of steroids for years and years and have more hair than anyone on this board.

So with your reasoning you could justify that Androgens have no effect on hair because some of those bodybuilders have full heads of hair.

Listen oxidation causes hair loss, end of story. Anti-oxidants that work at the mitochandria level help hair count levels, end of story. Further more reducing ones daily intake of oxidants and increaes of anti-oxidants in general help with hair count.

Chances are that if you fat, lazy, sit on the computer all day, and eat crap You have less hair count than your counterpart.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
purecontrol said:
Chances are that if you fat, lazy, sit on the computer all day, and eat crap You have less hair count than your counterpart.

Funny you should say that, i cant remember the survey but it showed most bald tend not to be overweight. And if you look around i rarley see a overweight male under 50 with exessive hair loss. There is a strong case that suggest a healthy body and immune system is more detrimental to hair than a an obese person and poor immune system.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:
purecontrol said:

Funny you should say that, i cant remember the survey but it showed most bald tend not to be overweight. And if you look around i rarley see a overweight male under 50 with exessive hair loss. There is a strong case that suggest a healthy body and immune system is more detrimental to hair than a an obese person and poor immune system.

Its far more likely to be due to the fact that DHT promotes the burning of fat deposits. Hence the probable correlation between people complaining of weight gain on 5-alpha reductase inhibitors occasionally.
hh

abcdefg

Reaction score
The only thing this means is we have absolutely no chance of ever curing male pattern baldness because literally everything on earth things like pollution, too much sex, diet, androgens, and lord knows what else make men go bald. Im not sure we can stop everything but this article is basically saying we have to. Global warming and the increased temperatures could send hair follicle secretions up making us lose even more hair. We could chase this into an enormous series of interactions and relationships between hundreds of things that happen everyday.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
chancer said:
purecontrol said:

This is true actually. I have to say ive also observed that most men I see who are NW6-7 are skinny as rakes, below average weight. But fat guys even obese guys have good hair. Strange.