Polichem

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
I imagine they are working on something without systemic absorption? Anyone has any other info?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
OBJECTIVE: The effects on scalp and serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) of different doses of a novel topical solution of 0.25% finasteride (P-3074), a type 2 5α-reductase, were investigated in men with androgenetic alopecia.

METHODS: Two randomized, parallel-group studies were conducted. Study I: 18 men received 1 mL (2.275 mg) P-3074, applied to the scalp once a day (o.d.) or twice a day (b.i.d), or 1 mg oral tablet o.d. for 1 week. Study II: 32 men received P-3074 at the dose of 100 (0.2275 mg), 200 (0.455 mg), 300 (0.6285 mg), or 400 (0.91 mg) μL or the vehicle o.d. for 1 week. Scalp and serum DHT and serum testosterone were evaluated at baseline and treatment end.

RESULTS: Change from baseline in scalp DHT was -70% for P-3074 o.d. and approx. -50% for P-3074 b.i.d. and the tablet. Serum DHT decreased by 60 - 70%. The doses of 100 and 200 μL P-3074 resulted in a -47/-52% scalp DHT reduction, similar to the 300 and 400 μL doses (i.e., -37/-54%). A -5.6% inhibition was observed for the vehicle. Serum DHT was reduced by only -24/-26% with 100 and 200 μL P-3074 and by -44/-48% with 300 and 400 μL P-3074. No relevant changes occurred for serum testosterone.

CONCLUSIONS: The novel finasteride 0.25% solution applied o.d. at the doses of 100 and 200 μL results in an appropriate inhibition of scalp DHT potentially minimizing the untoward sexual side-effects linked to a systemic DHT reduction.

This was published in 2016!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is polichem I believe

- - - Updated - - -

No they aren't. its just a refurbishing of an old OUTDATED method.

This is related to POLICHEM topical finasteride.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25074865
"Plasma DHT was reduced by ~ 68 - 75% with the topical solution and by ~ 62 - 72% with the tablet."

In anycase finasteride SIDE EFFECT PROFILE SUCKS !! Give us new treatments already!!!

Something HAS to be different. Why in the world would they invest in a topical that has the same side effects of a pill. Makes absolutely no sense.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For people that want a 2 sided attack? Maybe topical and oral.

It's 2016 and still companies haven't moved out from this penis killing drug. How can we compel researchers to invest more time and energy in alternatives? GOddamn it.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
For people that want a 2 sided attack? Maybe topical and oral.

It's 2016 and still companies haven't moved out from this penis killing drug. How can we compel researchers to invest more time and energy in alternatives? GOddamn it.

A two sided attack? What are you talking about? If this topical reduced DHT just like the oral medication that is A LOT of reduced DHT. Doesn't seem safe or plausible to invest in..

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
These results were presented at the Miami Hair conference Hellouser attended back in November.
Very exciting indeed.
An effective finasteride topical with minimal sides is exactly what I need to float until a better treatment 3 or 4 years down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

No they aren't. its just a refurbishing of an old OUTDATED method.

This is related to POLICHEM topical finasteride.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25074865
"Plasma DHT was reduced by ~ 68 - 75% with the topical solution and by ~ 62 - 72% with the tablet."

In anycase finasteride SIDE EFFECT PROFILE SUCKS !! Give us new treatments already!!!

Those were the results of their initial test from 2 years ago. The new results show they got systemic absorption down even further.

Hairlosscure2020 covers it pretty well here.

http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/encouraging-update-on-polichems-p-3074-topical-finasteride/

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
Well,that's good news then. How long does phase III lasts generally? Damn, if they found a low absorption approach, they should make a dutasteride version of it.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Well,that's good news then. How long does phase III lasts generally? Damn, if they found a low absorption approach, they should make a dutasteride version of it.

Exactly. Dutasteride gave me Brad Pitt hair in about three months.
It also made my genitalia feel like I shot novacaine into it. A low serum topical would be perfect for me.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question though;

How are you going to cover your scalp with only 0.2 or even 0.4 ml of solution????

Vehicles can only do so much. The properties of the drug itself are more important in relation to systemic activity (pharmacokinetics). There is no "magical vehicle" that severely limits systemic activity of drugs when applied topically. If you invent such a thing, give one of the major pharmaceutical companies a call (patent it first). Then use the money for hair loss research when you are rich lol ;).

Some compounds just tend to go systemically anyway when applied topically and some not at all. Besides that there is obviously variability between individuals too.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

How are you going to cover your scalp with only 0.2 or even 0.4 ml of solution????

Vehicles can only do so much. The properties of the drug itself are more important in relation to systemic activity (pharmacokinetics). There is no "magical vehicle" that severely limits systemic activity of drugs when applied topically. If you invent such a thing, give one of the major pharmaceutical companies a call (patent it first). Then use the money for hair loss research when you are rich lol ;).

Some compounds just tend to go systemically anyway when applied topically and some not at all. Besides that there is obviously variability between individuals too.

So you are pessemestic about this?

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
Topical finasteride has been available in my country for more than two years now. I suppose that it is something that I may have to look into.

Liquid Finasteride is really good. It reduces more DHT in the scalp than oral does.

People should try it before they knock it.

Does it have the same sides as oral, probably. Don't see how it couldn't.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I get your point about 0.2 ml, and I've assumed it's a typo somewhere.