pointers for a newbie?

pferr

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm new to these forums although I have been reading over many of them in the past week. My problem is that my hair has just started to thin at my temples and part of my hair line, that's beginning to leave me with a mohawk-type do (hopefully you can picture that). I'm 22 and have always had a high forehead and not the thickest hair but it has only started thinning now.

I started taking notice of people's post regarding finasteride and other oral chemical products but worry about the side effects, namely cancer, as well as worrying about playing around with hormones which is looking for trouble: I'm not worried about decreased libido though. You also have to keep using these products which can be costly.

Next I went on to discover saw palmetto. It hasn't been proven but it seems some people keep mentioning it and I'm sure it isn't by chance. It also is playing around with internal hormone inhibition and may have similar side effects such as finasteride. Here in south africa I was able to find 900mg dose capsules which is roughly three times the dosage needed as far as I'm aware by reading different forums.

Lastly, and with much frustration at this point, I found some topical solutions for hair loss and as of yet seem semi-convinced and optimistic. Ketozonacole-based shampoo is what I'm looking to try but have read it should be in conjunction with another topical product like rogaine (regaine here in s africa).

Now for my actual questions:

1). Any comments on finasteride?
2). Any comments on saw palmetto?
3). Any comments on ketozonacole?
4). Has anyone found a working regime that reminds them of my case? I.e. Thinning hair line and templesm

Thanks for listening and looking forward for some pointers directed at the newbie. I think I'll lose all my confidence if I had to lose my hair.